We like the book Where The Wild Things Are. Parker has a poster of the Maurice Sendak illustration on his wall. Sophie has the old, beat up hardcover copy from the days of little John on the shelf above her bed. The live action adaptation of the book comes to theatres in October. Will it be any good? Don't know. It's risky business adapting classic children's books. But here's hoping. Sounds like they've got some pretty solid talent behind it. Spike Jonze directed it. Forest Whitaker, James Gandolfini and Mark Ruffalo are listed in the cast. And Karen O (of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) is doing the music. Plus the Arcade Fire lent what may be the closest thing to indie rock's national anthem to the trailer. Pretty good start. Watch it and tells us what you think.
My thoughts are two:
1. I like the trailer.
2. I think it's been long enough to comfortably say Funeral is one of my all time favorite albums.
10 comments:
Hillary, Hona and Maddi all agree that it looks like a good one. Thanks for the sneak peek.
man i love that song. (see i dont have all crappy taste... or creepy taste..) anyway- i do hope the movie is awesome because i love that book.
here is to hoping.
This is exciting! Very exciting. Looks great. Love the music. We will definately be seeing this one. Thanks for the info.
Hear Hear to thought #1, and I will have to listen to comment on thought #2. I usually like what you like, even if sometimes I have to pretend to be you to like it. This is not a bad thing to pretend.
(By the way, I always loved reading that book to you. You reminded me of the boy. Still do. He reminds me of Ned in the trailer though, don't you think?)
I have to say, the trailer made me want to watch it immediately! But I don't know if it will ruin things by layering a plot over it. But it looks like it will at least be worth checking it out...
Ash- I made the letters. Making Memories is the brand of chipboard letters. I bought them at roberts 2 years ago, but I think I've still seen them around. And then I bought Glass Glitter online - I couldn't find it anywhere locally. Its ten bucks about for 3 oz. And I used the color "Silver Moon" by Barbara Trambley. Initially I used Modge Podge to apply the glitter, but I changed my mind to using Martha Stewart permanent Glue (with a fine tip). Sorry, that's probably more detail than you wanted. There was a cute baby store at Gardner Village that had glittered letters you could buy, but they were like 30 apiece.
I have issues.
The trailor made me tear up.
And, I am needing that whole album now...
Never heard of the book...but now you have me interested cause the preview looks good! I think i will make it my next book to read!:)
Don't sleep on Dave Eggers either...he's involved.
We love the book as well. Porter just watched this. We're excited
didn't know eggers was in on this. Maybe this will turn out alright after all.
still haven't read "heartbreaking work..."
Post a Comment