Monday, April 6, 2009

spring break plans

Well it is Monday morning of Spring Break. Last night on the phone my sister asked me what our fun plans were for the week... let's see. Here is what I came up with off the top of my head.

1. Get Sophie better. Yesterday we took her to the "doc in a box" at Smiths. (IHC clinic that pretends they are a good deal) John had diagnosed her "strep throat" with a flashlight and the Internet but we figured we should let someone else tell us... and give her a prescription.

2. Get our washer fixed. Man is it struggling. Won't drain, won't rinse. Yuck. Yesterday while Ruby was napping and I took Sophie to the doc, in between being uplifted by Conference sessions, John and Parker and their testosterone tried to fix the washer. Needless to say, it isn't fixed. I think Parker learned a new word. And the wet dry vac was full of about 10 gallons of water. The appliance man should be here between 9-1 tomorrow.

3. Spring Clean. That might require the washer. Guess I start that on Tuesday Night.

4. Oh yes.. and do our taxes.

Wow. Sounds fun huh? Maybe if the weather is nice we can throw in some park days, a trip to the zoo, a picnic,easter shopping, lunches out... oh the possibilites!

15 comments:

Tatiana said...

Oh man! not a good start! I hate it when the washer goes out. I hate it when you get strep even more! I love your new spring layout, however. I plan on holding Ruby for a while on my break.

john said...

the whole things was Parker's idea. He was like, "Dad, we can totally fix this..." I reasoned back, "son, it is beyond our expertise, and it is the Lord's day..." And he rolled his eyes at me and just started working. You know how two year olds are. :)

The image of him ankle deep in water repeating word for word every sentence that came out of my month is a solid candidate for top 5 memory status.

Ashley C. said...

i have to be honest babe. i think it was a very good thing that i wasnt here when this all went down.
love you.

Everyday Sparkles said...

So sorry to hear about Sophie's sickness and the washer. No fun. Kobe is showing little signs of cold/allergies and our broken pipe is under our sink. I temporarily fixed it while Shane was out on a trip and felt good about that, but returned to it at 2 am after running the dishwasher to make sure it wasn't leaking.

The park sounds like fun! And I may have giggled about Parker learning a new word!

lbb said...

Oh, ash isn't that how life is?! The mundane.
I was just about to rsvp to you about wednesday (another fun thing you get to do this week?!?)...I'm totally coming, but after my YWs, k?
Can I make something yummy or help set up earlier or something? PLEASE let me help.
Love you. liz
ps aren't washer probs the worst? you can't live without them!!

bladesfam said...

there is only one chore that i really don't mind doing and that is laundry (folding and putting away however, is another story) but I love pulling fresh clothes out of the dryer. When we moved here we found that Utah is a gas state and CA is electric-we couldn't use ours for about 2 weeks! I feel some of your pain! It sure is funny that the longest lasting result in this is parker's newest word! ( I am saying uh oh for you! :) good luck!!!

Brianne said...

Still laughing about John and Parker.

So, tomorrow is supposed to be almost 70. I am thinking of going to the park behind Booku's. Let me know if you would like to join!!

Jenny H said...

My dryer is almost out of commission. I have to dry things at least three times before they're dry. Maybe John and Parks can give it a shot over here.
Blair is working job#2 now...yuck.
Sure hope you are excited for our after Spring Break date...hahaha.
Yes...and go to the Zoo tommorrow maybe? I'll be at Primarys in the morning, and was thinking of running the kids over...

Courtney said...

i thought that "needless to say the washer didn't get fixed" was a pretty harsh cut a your husbands "handy manny " skills, but after reading his comment it appears it was a pretty realistic assessment.

Coleen said...

Your plans sound as exciting as mine. I am on my second load for the night. Hope Sophie gets better soon.

Ashley C. said...

Court-

not a cut at all. i trust john to fix moslty anything... i was just saying... the washer won. :) and really won.

Courtney said...

Ash-
I feel a little misrepresented that comment was from Scott, not me which makes a little more sense when you reread it. I too expect my husband to fix everything... because I know my dad can!

Scott is the king of the "jerry rig"...I am glad to have a handy husband. Even if his foe is sometimes more trimphant than he is!

coriconnors said...

Love the post and still chuckling at John's comment. I miss having that warped humor in our house every day!

coriconnors said...

PS- (altering John's former post: Where the Wet Things Are) the laundry is done. I am going to soon be late for a rehearsal but its here if you need it.

coriconnors said...

pps-just realized I posted that last comment on your blog, not an email. sorry. should call. duh.