Tuesday, April 28, 2009

And then there was cake...

A large portion of my family loves the t.v. show Chuck ( think Alias meets the O.C.- yes I know, it can't get better than that!). So last night we gathered at A and Dan's house for the Season Finale. We had insane amounts of pizza to celebrate and then this... a cake.
The Season Finale was two characters wedding... Devon aka "Awesome", and Ellie. So my Dad got John and I, and Awesome and Ellie a cake for our Anniversary/their wedding. Notice the cake says, " Congrats on another year. Johnny Awesome and Ash.Ellie. (read: ashley) Creative... I know!
Thanks Dad and family for the fun "Anniversary" Party. It might go down as one of my favorites ever... It was AWESOME!
Love you all.
PS- Late last night on the way home Parker was complaining that his tooth hurt. I took it as "the golden moment" to take away the binki claiming that it was his binki's fault..(don't judge me...) He slept all night last night with out it. But today... well that has been another story. I haven't given in yet... but he literally has cried all day. ALL DAY. I even took him to Target and bought him tons of trucks with buttons and flashing lights. It was temporary satisfaction. Poor kiddo!

12 comments:

Everyday Sparkles said...

Your Dad might be the coolest ever. The idea of a Dad ordering a cake is completely foreign to me. Love that he thought of you guys and incorporated your love of Chuck too. Extra points for that. I'm a little ashamed to say that I've never seen Chuck or Alias or the O.C. Are we still friends?

Adrianne said...

Happy Anniversay. Thanks for giving us a great reason to have a party. It was AWESOME!!!! And you never know- maybe you (like Chuck) will have some new tricks up your sleeve to help Parker through this tough time!! Good luck.

Eric said...

The party does sound wonderful and the picture of that cake is making me hungry. Congratulations on making it through another year (just kidding). Good luck with the binki. I haven't attempted that hurdle yet. Not something to look forward to.

Coleen said...

Parker hang in there! Getting rid of the binki is the worse. Love your family that they always have a celebration and that there is food involved!

Kysha said...

What a fun and creative dad! I guess I need to start watching Chuck. Good luck with Parker--stay strong!

Jules said...

I love that you guys had a Chuck finale party! It was an "awesome" finale! I will miss that show over the summer...we are BIG fans!

Good luck with the binkie. It is always rough to get rid of them, especially because it is the nicest 'plug'to have. Good luck!

Lauren Parker said...

i hate missing out on fun family parties. but it looks like you guys had lots of fun! i love you very much and hope you had a wonderful anniversary

Jenny H said...

I wish I had a piece of that cake right now...
Poor Parks. Hope it's going ok...

sterlingandbrandi said...

Dudes, bad news, Chuck is on the chopping block. It might not get renewed for next season.

sterlingandbrandi said...

Oh by the way happy Congrats on being married for a long time!

Dusty said...

Ash,
I don't comment very often on your blog but I read it and I love it. Your family is just so fun and cute and I love all of your funny thoughts. We will be spending the whole month of July up in Salt Lake so we will definitely have to get together. I will call you when it gets closer.

Mushie said...

Thanks for sharing your anniversary with the fam..it was the best FHE in a long time!
Maybe the big b-day will help Parker to re focus!