Four months old.Seriously? Time flies. Four things I have learned in the last four months...
1. I miss sleeping through the night. But to be honest, that hasn't been for about 5 years. I swear if Ruby sleeps all night, somebody else wakes up...
2. Sophie has really grown up. It's like she knows she needed to. And if I were rating her on the past two days... A++. She has made life really easy, and pleasant. And I dare say she is going to give Papa a run for his money as "safety chair". She is all about safety. She even asked me to not answer my phone while driving... seriously? What do you say to that?
3. I think my kids will turn out despite my parenting flaws. Or at least I really hope so. I fall short. My kids still love me, and I still love them.
4. Ruby is dreamy. It doesn't matter that sometimes she is hard, sometimes she is easy, sometimes she sleeps well and other times she doesn't. Sometimes feeding her is just plain hard, and other times she is perfect. Truth is she is just plain dreamy, regardless. When I pick her up and she smiles so big it just melts my heart. Her cute big eyes sparkle at me and all the world is right.
I guess I have learned that I continue to love even more than I knew was possible.
16 comments:
Ashley, you are such a good mom, wife, and person. Seriously, I look up to you and you continue to inspire me. Please come and visit us because we miss you guys so much!
Ash, what a cutie Ruby is! Thanks for the other night... It was so good to see you..wish we could of chatted more...Liz
What a sweet post! You are an amazing mom. And those eyes...Ruby is beautiful!!
Happy Four Months Ruby! I can't believe how fast that went. She is so beautiful and I LOVE her smile . . . and her big eyes, and her personality, and her cute flower bow. You definately have a gem!
Loved your post Ashley.
Hard to imagine life without her was just four months ago...
So proud of Soph and her A++ attitude.
That Ruby is so lucious! I love the extention of that chubby left leg in the picture. I just wanna squeeze those baby calves!
Sure do love that Ruby Lou!! and those cheeks are just so kissable!
Its amazing how much work these little people are and its miraculous how much love just pours out of our hearts for them each day. Happy four, Ruby!
So my back up plan is that if Sophie and Jaden don't work out...Maybe Alex and Ruby will...She is beautiful
I am so happy to have another way to keep in touch! Love you! And I LOVE that Sophie likes Taylor Swift...she has great taste! Your family is so darling, I can't believe Ruby is 4 months!! Crazy!
Yay, for you Ashley. You have such perfect perspective. I'll try to be like you and hope my kids will turn out despite of me. Are you up for a park day soon? I will call you. Adam and Ruby need to start getting to know each other--now that they can hold their heads up and all!
So sweet! Also, glad to know other people have children who are determined never to let their parents sleep again!
how freaking cute is she?! and i loved hanging out with you this weekend- and your kids they are wonderful!! love you sooo much :]
Yeah, she totally melts my heart too! Your kids are adorable! Makes me excited to have more ;)
I got on to watch the Parker video one more time! I am obsessed with it! I think that one thing that I have learned from watching you is that you are a good mom because you love your kids so much! Not because you make really good cookies or because you always find the greatest deal at Target or because your house is so well decorated or because you drive a sweet minivan (all though you do all those things beautifullly), BUT because you love them!
Ruby is a ruby! She is so darn cute my heart smiles when I look at those pictures. Time does fly!!! I agree with the sleeping-once you have kids there is no sleeping for us moms but we survive @ least with the help of diet coke :)
Great pic!...she is beautiful! And no matter what you say...you are an amazing mom! I look up to you!
Post a Comment