"Mom, this is the best day. Isn't this just so great? Cause now we don't have to take our clothes around to other people's houses.."
Yes. Yes. Indeed.
Disposal broke. Got it fixed. And now the air conditioning in my car is going all freaky. I guess it comes in threes.. does that mean we stay good for awhile? We will see.
Not the point of the post. Not here to complain. I just have my random ramblings... which are (in no particular order....) as follows:
I had a thought the other day that one day I will have old kids. I saw a teenager in his too skinny jeans skateboarding down the street. I wondered at that moment what kind of parent I will be to teenagers. I tried to picture my kids as teenagers. For some reason this made me laugh.
Speaking of skinny jeans... how does Zac Efron pull them off? I think they look really ugly on all guys except him. ( Saw 17 Again.. It was awesome.)
John bought this new, weird dvd about the making of "Neon Bible" by Arcade Fire. It is playing right now and seriously... it is amazing. A.maz.ing. I really want to see Arcade Fire in concert.
My sister Nicole is moving to Vancouver to work for the Olympics. I will miss her. I love Vancouver. I love her. I can't wait to visit.
I feel like going to Disneyland. Right now.
I have a pit in my stomach about Parker turning three. ONLY because I am kicking myself for letting this binkie habit go on so long. Sophie put her binkie in a Build A Bear on her third birthday. She named the bunny Genevieve. She cried all the way home. I did too. And then she was fine. I have this serious feeling that it will not go as well for Parker. He could care less about the Build A Bear idea. He said he would mail them to "baby Drew, Owen's brother"(an idea he came up with on his own). I tried to tell him that meant all of them. He told me he was keeping one. I keep telling him it's coming. May 3rd folks. I am screwed.
On another note- Ruby won't take a binkie AT ALL. Saves me the trouble in 2 1/2 years of ripping my heart out.
Wish us luck... and Parker too!
27 comments:
Wow! I am the first....that is amazing! Life sure does have a funny way of reminding us sometimes that we can't control anything. I am glad that your washer is fixed. I love arcade fire and sang to Neon Bible at the top of my lungs today. I too will miss Nicole. I love Parker's idea to give away most of his binkies. I need to go to sleep. I love you!
Arcade fire, schmarcade fire. give me Jesse McCartney's Departure Reloaded with the Ludacris remix of How Do You Sleep, a little bit of food and some water and put me on an island.
that's all I need.
i am going to go ahead and take that comment literally and plan us an island getaway.
oh i love your "life lately"s. i also get so so mad when stuff breaks...like i'm cheated or something! we just did major car repairs and it makes me sick.
i am scared to mother teenagers. i will smother my boys and they will probably run away with earphones and skinny jeans. eeeeww!!!! no skinny jeans in my home.
jack also needs to rid the binky. when you get an idea that works for parker, post it b/c i'll need it.
xoxo! boyer
All I have to say is...my life has been filled with many good dreams of Zac in skinny jeans since Friday...
That binky issue is fine. Really, I could care less if he still wants it in a couple months. That little face makes me want to steal one for him.
Deak and I jammed pretty hard to the Wild Things song yesterday; I love it, and that whole CD. (Thanks John...).
And....next time bring your laundry to my house. It would be perfect for me...Seeing you, and doing no laundry of my own:)
Oh, one more thing.
I add Jamie Fox's "Alcohol" to your island CD. That song kinda makes me feel drunk, and I like it.
We seem to have some things breaking around the house too. Last week, our computer monitor broke and now Tyler doesn't have a lap top to take with him to school. Our car is about 2 seconds from breaking down and our digital converter box doesn't really work in our house. Oh, life is so complicated...
Anyway, I really want to see that Arcade Fire documentary. We saw them in concert and it was amazing. Now that I think about it, it was probably my favorite concert ever. NSYNC is now at a close second.
I saw Jesse McCartney perform his song with Ludacris on Ellen. Tyler and I were laughing so hard because he was dancing and moving his arms around like he was black! It was extremely entertaining.
All the transitions are very hard for me - binkies, bottles, big beds, potty training, not taking naps anymore (this is a very sad day). . . just to name a few. I just don't do well and for the most part - niether do my children :). Also, after having experienced not having a washing machine of my own I understand the joy of doing laundry at your own house. It's the small things in life, right :)?.
wow there are so many things i am feeling right now after reading this post and the comments to follow. first i don't think we have had a day without car problems... second i want to be on that island and i am also going to add to the cd lady ga ga whats that song called were she is in the club and she doesn't remember where she is? that song also makes me feel drunk... classy really classy... third send those binkis on down drew would love it... even better you bring them yourself to me and we will go to Disneyland!!!!!!! (we are going tommorrow so you better hurry up)... fourth, sorry but i love skinny jeans on Owen i think it is the cutest thing ever so and him to the list... last i miss you guys way to much our boys are growing up to fast love you
wow everyone has so much to say in their comments - my comment dwarfs all of them. just wanted to say i think you're cool.
wow everyone has so much to say in their comments - my comment dwarfs all of them. just wanted to say i think you're cool.
and thank you for being one of the three commenters on my blog. glad to know i have three friends.
About skinny jeans--the other day I saw a boy on the corner low riding his skinny jeans, and I amean REALLY low riding his skinny jeans--kind of weird. I thought he needed to pick a style. Oh well. Good luck with the binkie and with all other appliances in your life!
I, too, have thought of myself as a mother with teenagers. I bet you'll be a much cooler one that me. Yay for your washing machine working!
will getting rid of the binkie be challenging? yes. miserable? possibly. just picture in your mind cute, teenager parker...in his skinny jeans, riding his skate board, with binkie in mouth! that might help you get through those long nights. in the long run, you are doing him an enormous favor. good luck!
First of all, how in the world do you always have so many comments on your blog??!? I mean, REALLY?
But MY comment is: The binky fairy came to our house when Ian was around 3 and took all his binkies and left a spiderman toy.
Ash- glad that everything is fixed.
buy some ear plugs for next weekend
John- let's have your next question of the week/month be perfect songs to take with you to an island there are already great suggestions here and I would love a copy of the cd
hey ash maybe you could sell them to finance all ofyour broken things
Kerstin send me an invite to your blog and I'll comment.
and Blogger please add spell check to the comments. I am a terrible speller!
Ashley- you are so cute. Love knowing what you're up too. Good luck with Parker. I would just let him keep it though. Looking back it just seems to all go by too quick.
Maybe his binky could break too? I mean, it seems like everything else is, so what the heck! Good luck with that though, that is going to be interesting. But, wouldn't it be a fabulous surprise to see that he doesn't even care?! :) What about giving it to the garbage man or a dump truck at daddy's work or mailing it to a Steelers football player? Doesn't he like all those things?
with a face like that... he can keep anything he wants.
ash - saw your blog link on nance's and hope it's ok that i'm "peeking" in. your kids are darling and you're just as funny as you always have been. i'm so glad your nance's friend! xoxo - whit
Ash... I already wore our matching earrings last night and thought of you. Please come visit me in Vancouver... I will even scratch/ rub your back!!
Love you and your family tons. Miss you already!
Driving thru the rain and snow after driving to st. George and back to get the furniture from lars apt
We thought for sure she would take her binki to kindergarten! She seems fine now years later! Some things just tale time!
Ruby not taking a binkie saves you from just what might be braces. Yep... I have a confession... I too never took a binkie and ever worse a bottle. And I am the only child in my family to not have braces. So consider Ruby not taking that binkie as a couple thousands dollars saved to help you buy as many pairs of skinny jeans as you want. ;)
ohh i cant wait to come home. this made me miss you! oh and ill be sure to have you in heart when im at disneyland this week. love you. love your fam.
How about on his 3rd birthday they just happen to all disappear? Gone! Sorry bud...on your 3rd birthday the birthday bear comes in the night and takes them all!!!:)
Is there any way to ease out of binkie land? Baby steps? I don't know. But my heart is aching already I can hardly bear it!!!! Maybe we'd better prepare a relief basket of other supplies. Humanitarian aid. Stuff like matchbox cars and dump trucks and such.
Post a Comment