
Today was awesome. Here is why:
1. The sun was shining and it was warm enough to sit outside and read a book while my kids played in the sandbox.
2. I had three diet cokes while I read.
3. I finally finished "To Kill A Mockingbird" ( John has begged me to read this for 7 years now- I am not quite sure why it took me so long to finally pick it up.) I loved it. My favorite part of the book is an exchange between Scout and Atticus,when she is recounting a part of a book about a man and says," an Atticus, when they finally saw him, why he hadn't done any of those things... Atticus, he was real nice." Here is Atticus' response: (and something I truly believe)
"Most people are Scout, when you finally see them."
What a great reminder and a really good day.
8 comments:
I also measure the quality of my day in treats and books. There are very few things better in the whole world than a sunny day, a good book and a cold diet coke.
you don't know me, I'm about 2degrees of separation from your blog - but I read it when blog stalking because its so entertaining - I had to comment today because I LOVE To Kill a Mockingbird (and Diet Coke) - my favorite line is Atticus' "the one thing that doesnt' abide by majority rule is a person's conscience"
Angelique-
I totally know who you are. I remember you from jason and erica's wedding. How is residency? Thanks for the Atticus quote. I am so glad you posted. Hope all is well.
We need to get you reading Stephanie Plum novels. There is not much better than sunshine, diet coke, a hot man, and a Symphony with toffee and almonds to get you through the day!!
Ashley - This is my all time favorite book (along with like 500 million people), with my all time favortie pastime (drinking diet soda). Love the quote you mentioned.
Thanks for letting me crash your shindig last night. I had a blast catching up and getting to know you guys better! We have to do it again soon!
2 Holly favorites:
To Kill A Mockingbird
and
multiple Diet Cokes
Am I the only person that doesn't like diet coke?
Am I the only person that doesn't like diet coke?
Post a Comment