Friday, February 29, 2008

Mr. Particular, Particularly Sweet

Parker really only cuddles when he doesn't feel good. For some reason I always try to convince myself that when he does start cuddling with me it is all of the sudden that he really loves me and wants to cuddle with me. (This is in some part true- but seriously every time he cuddles with me- within hours I am cleaning up throw up.) Well the other morning he cuddled.( yes- then he threw up) . But it was while I was holding my not so little boy that I chuckled(AGAIN!) at the funny little personality he has. I was once again reminded of how particular he is- for example... he had to hold the blanket, the doggie, the dino, and the baby mickey all while we cuddled. Then of course we had to have the binkie and the sippy cup too. It is very crowded but always appreciated cuddling. Here are (for the record) his latest fixations and funny things that make me adore this little boy. Plus- an awesome video of Parker eating spaghetti and milk. ( Yes- he poured his cup of milk into his bowl of spaghetti. And I didn't stop him. And then I let him eat it. In fact I videoed it, so that means I actually encouraged it??)


1. He loves all things tractors.( pretty much any truck, van, bus, big rig, and garbage truck also fall into this category. I often find him yelling out the window "tra-grrrrrr" in the loudest voice possible as the truck collects our garbage.) He cries when I take off his tractor jammies. So the other day I hit up Target and bought a bunch of tacky tractor shirts. For $5 each... seriously worth it. He wore one of them out of the store.

2.He really likes to cook. The other day it was an entire box of corn pops dumped into the back of his dump truck and a pizza tray. Today it was a bag of sugar and left over Valentine's sprinkles into my glass bowl. Must lock all cupboards now.


3. He finally will watch an entire t.v. show. This may be bad parenting on my behalf but it comes in real handy when making super nutritious meals for my family so I figure it is a trade off I am willing to make. His new love- Yo Gabba Gabba. The kind of crazy- perhaps even somewhat indie version of Sesame Street that can be viewed on Nick Jr. He calls it "wee-go, wee-go"
( a version of wiggle wiggle- referring to a song that they sing.) Tonight when taking him to bed he waved goodnight to the picture of Jesus and then goodnight to the "wee-go,wee-go" (t.v.)


Mr. Particular indeed, but in my book the sweetest little kid. And very fun to have around. And now a good ol Parker video.


*** totally off the subject but very important: I need to respond to John's earlier endorsement of Vampire Weekend with my endorsement. After watching Enrique perform on the today show the other day.. I must endorse him for artist of the month. We will celebrate all month long. And seriously.... the only Vampires I can wholeheartedly endorse are those with the last name Cullen.***

16 comments:

scott j said...

I have to admit...I have a crush on Parker. I think he is so cute and I love the little bit of attention he sometimes gives me. It is like a fantastic treat when he will let me play with him, hold him, or do anything for him. He is particular that is for sure and he likes his mama!

Kysha said...

Parker is a sweethear, and looks like he has a hearty appetite--hopefully his tastes will mature past a bowl of spaghetti and milk. He is adorable and I'm sure many girls are vying for his attention, but count Miss Claire in, even if she is a bit of an older woman. Sort of nice to have a vomiting warning with a snuggle!

Kysha

Kerstin said...

That Parker really is a budding cook- what you didn't realize is when he poured milk into his spaghetti he was making the best kind of sauce their is creamy tomato! Loved seeing you last night and tell Parker thank you for sharing all his sippy cups with Charlotte.

J.R.G. said...

Parker eats just like his dad.

Tia said...

Ash..Parker is so cute. That vid is super funny. I like the tone of your voice when you realize he has milk in it, it's like you are trying not to laugh, which I'm sure you were!

kate said...

What a cute kid--even without non-vomit cuddling! And, Parker, thanks for the new pasta recipe...

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Since the Vampire Weekend record was again referenced in this post, I thought I would make a brief comment related to Johnny's previous post. Here it goes: I have never heard all of Paul Simon's Graceland album, but I have a hard time believing anything could be described as wimpier than the Vampire Weekend album.

john said...

there are pleanty of things wimpier than vamipre weekend...mo tab, chanting monks, mary chapin carpenter... but, if life has taught me anything it is that there's nothing wrong with being wimpy. in fact, if i had a business card that would probably be written in quotes under my name. That being said, my jan. album of the month may have shifted to the even wimpier alt country americana singersongwriter goodness of jason collett.
p.s. go listen to graceland.

Adrianne said...

love the video of parker. He is such a funny little man.

E.F.G. said...

it amazes me that he didn't make a mess with the milk/spaghetti combo. he drank from the bowl like a pro!

Treidi said...

that was cute and a little bit nauseating:(

spaghetti cereal... ick

John after seeing your carpentry rig and skillz the other day if you're wimpy I've got problems

Jamie said...

Ashley its Jamie (and Ryan) I found your blog! I love seeing pictures of your kids they are so cute! Our Blog is myhydelife.blogspot.com

RETTJ16 said...

SOME PEOPLE MAY VIEW JOHN AS WIMPY AND THERE MAY BE SOME WARRANT TO THIS BUT DARE I SAY THERE IS NO MAN FOWL OR BEAST ON THIS PLANET THAT IS AS POWERFUL AND WONDEROUS AS JOHN IS WHEN IT COMES TO BUSINESS TIME. HIS GLORY IS THUNDEROUS LIKE THE GREAT ROMAN CHARIOTS OF YESTERYEAR IT BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYE TO EVEN THINK OF HIS BRILLIANCE. SO FOR ANYONE THAT QUESTIONS HIS WIMPINESS I HARK UNTO YOU, DO NOT TREAD NEAR MY DINNER TABLE OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCE OF EVICTION FROM YOUR WORLDLY BONDS.

heidi said...

Spaghetti and milk. Gotta try it. We may just have the next Emeril on our hands!

Coleen said...

Yes, life could get better than a Barnett Blog. You could have a bryan blog for example. You can find us at www.happy-nest.blogspot.com. BTW I just found out that you guys know Melonie Beckstrand from Farmington. She is in our ward and truly the best. We both raved about how Ashley was one of the nicest people we have ever met.

john said...

thanks rett.