Monday, March 10, 2008

Dear Spring...


Hurry up. My little boy can't get enough of the sandbox. And frankly- I forsee a really good spring and summer up ahead. Lots of hours outside watching this little guy hang out with his tractors.

14 comments:

john said...

did you change all these title letters on our blog to pink? Look, I like spring too...but come on.

Ashley C. said...

are you afraid of your feminine side??? Didnt think so. Pink stays.

Jane said...

Ashley, way to stay strong!! I love that you are comunicating by blog. Jake always calls me on his cell phone from upstairs and we talk on the phone when we are in the same house, so it's good to know we are somewhat normal. Your kids are darling!! Johnny, thanks for talking to my mom at your mom's party. She was so happy to see all of you guys. She called me the second she got home. She misses the old days I think.
Jane

Coleen said...

I am hoping the weather stays perfect for your trip. As for D-land. South OC does not have spring break next week, but North OC does and most Catholic schools, so I think it will be busy.

Here are my tips(you probably know all these:
Have John round up fast passes as you stand in line
Pirates is the fastest moving ride in D-Land
The wait for Nemo is ridiculous
If you know where you want to eat make reservations
California Adventure is great for busy days

BTW where we live is almost like Disneyland.

Jared says that Vampire Weekend was a good pick for last year.

Brianne said...

A M E N ! ! !

scott j said...

I am so excited for spring and summer and lots of waterskiing!
Maybe when we are all caught up on LOST we will have to get into Smallville!

heidi said...

Luke and I are going to come over and hang out in your sandbox. Looks like fun. Also, I checked out Vampire Weekend and they are great. Thanks for the tip. And to add to cj's comments on Disneyland, I totally agree - the wait for Nemo is not worth it. I felt claustrophobic the whole time. Also, don't eat in tomorrow land. It's gross. CA adventure has great soup bowls, and the Mexican restaurant in Adventure land is the only place you can get free drink refills. Look for "Magic Makers" - they give away really cool stuff. Also, sometimes by the tiki room, you can find all the disney princesses playing duck-duck-goose with all the little girls. Sophie would love it. I promise I'm not obsessed.

Jamie said...

Dido... We are SO excited for Spring! All Ava wants to do is go outside and Play. And we really need to get a Sandbox for her. She would love it.

Casey said...

One thing is for sure Jon has never been afraid of his feminine side.

-Casey

sterlingandbrandi said...

Casey just because John wore tights and Ballet slippers way past the age of acceptability, doesn't mean that he was effeminate, he made up for it by growing a mustache when he was 11.

Ashley C. said...

trust me. I am totally cool with my feminine side. And there is a palce for the color pink...breast cancer awareness football jerseys for example. Or seasonal taffy. or on pigs. but as the title text color on our blog...i just don't like it.

Casey said...

I like how Sterling uses a past tense when talking about Jon's tight wearing days [insertreallybigrolleyes] mmmmkkkk

Ster you don't have to cover for the man. He still wears those bad boys. I would bet your life on it.

-Casey

It's Been a Day! said...

Ash - it's paige. I found you on Adrianne's blog. You have such a cute little family!! I'm so glad to see you again (and dark headed I might add!!) I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog links. Oh, and if you are looking for some warm weather, head on down here to Texas - it was 95 degrees here today - a little too hot for my liking in March. And I too loved Too Kill a Mockingbird. It made me want to name my first girl Scout - i just wish I had a husband who felt the same!!

john said...

i am actually wearing those tights right now.