Wednesday, January 7, 2009

it has begun again...

We have a metal roof on our house. The nice man that lived here before us ripped off the shake shingles and put on a metal roof- so it could last forever. Well, it outlasted him and now we are lucky enough to live in this house and next to his grandaughter and family. One funny thing about the metal roof is when the sun shines all the snow slides off the roof- little or big avalanches happen all the time at our house. Most of the time it just means extra shoveling to get out of the driveway.
Last year John thought it was a great idea... with the help of Shane (of "Shane and Jeni.. our fantastic neighbors") to build a huge snow hill with all of the extra snow that was avalanching off of our roof.(see last year..)So here we are in year two of the huge sledding hill in our front yard. It is fun for the kids, but I am not lying when I tell you that after we put the kids to bed, that is where you will find John and me. Not a bad way to beat the winter blahs.

Grab a sled and head over.

16 comments:

Zanny said...

Hey, what a cute blog you have! I'm guessing you don't live in Farmington anymore? Way cute family! Your oldest daughter looks so much like you! That's just how you looked in grade school!

Everyday Sparkles said...

We'll be over to give it a ride. Great photos, and what an amazing night sky in the video! Makes me feel different about winter already. Grandpa would be pleased seeing all the fun coming from the forever roof.

Jill T said...

Love the fun sledding "trail". That's pretty cool--how fun--the benefits of having a metal roof--who knew?

Ruby is so cute! I'm so happy that everything went well--congratulations!

Also, Sophie is GORGEOUS--she is your little clone.

love jill

Unknown said...

That looks So. Awesome.

Brianne said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so much fun! can we come over??

Jenny H said...

I'm so there. And so is Abby and Deak. I am an awful mother and haven't taken them sledding at all this winter.

Coleen said...

Can we build something like this during beach week? Do you have to have snow? So fun!

E.F.G. said...

this is turning into a lovely tradition. its refreshing to see people enjoying the snow!

heidi said...

We are there. I can continue my personal winter Olympics and use your run to compete in the skeleton.

heidi said...

We are there. I can continue my personal winter Olympics and use your run to compete in the skeleton.

Eric said...

How fun!!! We want to come play :)

RETTJ16 said...

Wow, you get going fast! I bet if Rett went down that he could jump the fence!! :)

Courtney said...

I have to admit...It is a really good thing I have church in an hour or so or I would be in my car on my way up to your house to enjoy the sled run!

Courtney said...

Maybe Scott and I will come up sometime this next weekend!

Lauren Parker said...

hahaha i am so jealous!! i wanna go! especially if its as good as sophie makes it sound! haha

The Koffords said...

it looks like the sled hill just gets bigger every year!!! happy sledding.