Well, it is 11:05am on December 2nd (happy birthday ava hyde and britney spears) and I am sitting here typing at my house. No baby today... no baby this week. I had an amnio test yesterday to test the baby's lung development and the little one's lungs just aren't ready for this world yet. It is hard to argue with modern medicine. I had a really good cry last night, a semi-short pity party, and then I got a grip. So it is all okay. I am fine. I just ate french toast with my kids, I am getting my hair done today, and tonight my mom and sisters ( including Lauren who has missed school for the past two days to be here) and Adrienne who made her Thanksgiving trip extra long to see the baby.. we are all going out tonight. Dinner, movie, whatever. It should be fun. A little girls party.
The plus side of acting like a crazy woman for the past little while is that my Christmas shopping is done, the house is almost all decorated, Parker has a new room downstairs and has been sleeping like a champ through the night and my week is clear. So for a whole week I am going to enjoy my two little kids, do Christmas things with them, go out to dinner, and John can wrap up the huge work project that is finishing this week.
The down side... I hate all of my maternity clothes. I plan on wearing the same thing everyday. Just washing it and putting it back on. So if you see me, pretend not to notice. And the sleep. The couch and I are the best of friends lately. I can actually sleep out there.
Yesterday at the hospital I couldn't help but think about when I had Sophie and Parks. Soph's delivery was tramatic for me and my doctor. He still ranks it as his #2 worst delivery. That being said, I am sure it could have been a lot worse. I still walked (or hobbled) away with a a healthy baby. I am super grateful for that. The plan with Parks was to induce me early ( hence the amnio) to avoid him getting stuck like Sophie. I had two amnio's with him and when he was ready the delivery was smooth. So I am hopeful that all will work out like it is supposed to. Another amnio next Monday, and hopefully if her lungs are ready then, I will be induced on Tuesday December 9th.
To top it all off, I am always amazed by my family and friends. They have been super sweet and supportive, more than I deserve that is for sure. It is humbling to be surrounded by such giving, kind, and wonderful people. Thanks for all of your help, gifts and love. I love you.
Here's to a great week full of Christmas spirit, and lung developing.
27 comments:
Oh Ash,
I am sorry. I hate those stupid lung maturity tests (ha..) Ironically, the amnio to test Deak's lungs is what put me into labor. But, we were okay in the end.
My thoughts are so with you. Enjoy your week of freedom with your fam. You totally deserve it!!
I guess being pregnant another week is maybe a little better than being shot in the butt...maybe. And while it is a stretch from Brittney Spears, the good news (or bad news depending on who you ask)is that your baby will now share a birthday with Donny Osmond! Enjoy your extra week on the couch!
When I saw a new post, I was very impressed by how fast everything went! Sorry to hear that wasn't the case...but you're right about modern medicine.
We want to hear about a healthy baby and (fingers crossed) an easy delivery.
Well, at least the good news is that you know how much more work 3 will be! So, just enjoy your last week with only 2 kids! we will be thinking about you!!!!
I have been thinking of you all day today. Those last few days of pregnancy last FOREVER! It's always hard to wait when you are ready. I hope you have a great week. It sounds like you will. We can't wait to see you and the Connors clan.
Oops. dbo = heidi. That's the trouble with sharing a computer, and millions of google accounts.
I love you! Can't wait for our GNO! It is going to be just what the doctor ordered!
it will happen. This is just another one of God's gentle reminders that try as we might (and some days I try really really hard) even if we are decorated for Christmas we are on His time schedule and not our own!
Love you- hope that you have a wonderful week. Let's see we could see the Zoo lights, the Temple Square lights, decorate christmas sugar cookies! Go to the Festival of Trees or the Polar Express the options are endless!
Ash,
I am sorry that things didn't go as planned...I am proud of you for pulling your chin up and making the best of it. You are amazing. You will be in my prayers.
Oh Ash, I am sorry. But way to be optimistic. I have a feeling this will be a perfect week, with a clear schedule and lots of loved ones around to help you gear back up. Let me know if you need anything!
I sobbed all the way home when the doctor, after determining my total lack of progression, scheduled my next check-up 5 days after my due date. And the happiest day was packing up my maternity clothes.
So, I guess, I'm saying nothing but empathy and good wishes are coming to you from Southern California. Enjoy your last week...it sounds like it will be hard not to.
Sorry about the sudden change of plans. Enjoy your free schedule and cute kids. Perhaps I should try a night on your couch?
ash, I seriously LOVE reading your blog...you are so funny girl! I love and miss you. I am sorry the test didn't go as you wanted, but we sure want this baby here healthy and happy and ready. seriously, take it from one who is struggling with asthma at this very moment...you want those things working right! :) And if it is any consolation, I do have that cute gray sweater of yours. Would that help to add tot he wardrobe (again)? Let me know what I can do to help. Love you! Hang in there.
I'm so sorry, we know it is important to do what is best for the baby but man that stinks for you. Hang in there!!! I can't wait to see this little girl.
Shoot! I was going to call John today to ask for details of the birth. I guess your babies just like a pre-amnio to help them gear up for the second one and delivery. I hope John didn't get more attention from the nurses this time than you did. If it helps, I'm jealous of your girls night... I miss you and Adi! Just talking about amnios and waiting for little lungs reminds me of all those hangouts in Farmington. Anyway, good luck.
Oh I understand your pain. A week of pregnancy that you didn't think you would have feels like forever! Pregnancies are just not fun and I have to keep reminding myself of the amazing miracle it is. :) Good luck next Monday. Love you guys.
I was thinking about you all day yesterday and I was sorry to read that it didn't quite come together, yet. Hang in there! Take advantage of the extra week of sleep! Have a great day!
Ashley, I haven't put away my maternity clothes yet, if you want I could run some cute ones over for you- at least they'd be different and all your december pictures wouldn't be with the sane shirt. Seriously, I'm only a few blocks away- let me know :)
Ash, I am so glad that you can just be with your darling kids and hopefully enjoy the week and relax a little bit. I hope everything goes smoothly. What a great Christmas gift...a sweet little baby. Congrats to you guys!
i like your new background....very cute!
Those little ones come when they are ready. Jonny came late. I was really hoping that all my boys would have birthdays on the 16th, but Jonny wanted to be unique. Your little one is going to have her special debut too and on her own time frame. I respect her already.
Oh man Ash that's crazy! I called my mom Tuesday to ask about the baby and she told me and I was super bummed. So if I was bummed about it I can only imagine how you felt. Maybe the stars have aligned though because I will be staying at my parents house 3 days each week starting next week because my externship starts. So I can watch your kids that night if you need a babysitter.
Hang in there! Enjoy your sweet family and remember that you are probably getting a few minutes more sleep each night then when she actually is here. I am crossing my fingers for an easy birth. We love you.
That really sucks, especially when everyone is counting on something & expecting it. No one knows how hard a extra week, day or hour being pregnant is, unless you've been pregnant. The couch...totally get that I'm best friends with ours as well. Hang in there, have a few more "pregnant treats" Good Luck! next week.
We are off to the Bahammas, think she can wait another week for us?? :) haahaa
Sorry you've had to wait this out. One week toward the end feels like an eternity! Darn that DJ, eh?
But, if your little munchkin needs stronger lungs, I guess that's a good reason to stay in...I guess.
Love you and wish you luck this week. Can't wait to hear the good news!! boyer
I have to say I am Bummed that the new Baby wont have the same Birthday has Ava and Britany Spears!
Post a Comment