Sophie got a Fisher Price digital camera for her birthday. We thought this would be the perfect gift for her becuase she LOVES taking pictures and we got a little tired of her toting our camera around the house to do so. That being said she has spent the last six days with camera in hand taking pictures of everything and anything- and multiple times. She could have a future in this field.Today she begged John and me to upload the pictures to the computer. She loved to do this with our camera and then scroll through all the pictures on the screen and explain them to me. It is pretty cute to watch- she gets really excited. So we said ok.
Let me set the scene for today. John goes to get the cord to hook up the camera to the computer. John, Sophie and I sit down in front of the computer to do the uploading. I am eating a fabulous plate of left over smothered pork burritos. We start scrolling through the 297 pictures taken by Sophie since Monday. Mostly normal stuff. There are maybe 25-30 of her new build a bear,
some 30+ of her feet and shoes,
a couple blurry shots of Parker (I am assuming he just wouldn't hold still....),
a ton of the Backyardigans on our t.v. ,
some self portraits,
and one picture of me. Totally naked!
Yep, you read right. Just when it was getting a little predictable there pops up a picture of me getting out of the shower. I had forgotten about the other day when Sophie rushed into the bathroom unannounced, camera in hand, and snapped a picture. The next three pictures are of me trying to get a towel on as fast as possible. John and I couldn't stop laughing. It was a hilarious little moment at out house! And sorry- that picture won't be attached!
19 comments:
won't be attached? I won't stand for censorship!
If you stifle Sophie's artisitic creativity now what are you saying?
Oh well, I'll see it soon enough I am sure that John has made it your PC screen saver, his cell screen saver, has it taped to his dashboard, and walmart is currently making custom mugs, shirts, and calendars.
awesome!! Just goes to show that you usually have to take 250+ pictures just to get one good one! Can't wait to see more!!
So funny! I guess you can be glad you didn't have company over when you decided to review all of Sophie's photos. I love her self-portrait!
Ha ha travis. It has carefully been deleted! :)
Attach it now! Attach it now! Attach it now!
Here I am reading along thinking just how cute little Sophie is(don't wory I still think she is)and then I laughed out loud really hard when I came to read that it seems Sophie is employed by none other than Rett Jaques. How funny is she? Good thing it was just the three of you.
Gotta love the kids!
Will you be at book club Ash? Have you read Escape yet? I just read it this weekend. Crazy book!
Damn! Heidi is on to sophie and I. Does anyone know how much money we could have made from all of the tabloids if the photo hadn't been confiscated. Oh well we can still hope that those nude photos of John sunbathing in the back yard fetch us a nice paycheck.
I think I deserve to see that picture, that will even us up
I have to tell you guys - my daughter, Abby, has the exact same camera - and low and behold as my DAD was examining her nice photography, a nice picture of me coming out of the shower popped up also! They should put some sort of warning label on this product!
Rett, you're paying sophie too! Shrewed little business girl. She charged me 2 build a bear outfits for those pictures.
I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thank you Connors, little Soph and Rett. (And I think we need a copy of that self-portrait of Sophie!)
are you for real...why not share the naked photo? You have always had better legs than me and you know it! I love Sophie, she is quite the character...and a future photographer I am sure. I think she gets the self portrait fascination from Modie!
At my house it is usually me trying to take the nude pics of mom. I always end up in the dog house for a week or so.
-Casey
Hilarious! What a great post! It also looks like Sophie already has the myspace/facebook self portrait down. My sisters had to practice for hours to get it right!
So now I'm "stalking" your blog too...and what a great story (and cautionary tale) to read. I'm glad Hamilton isn't old enough to document (or remember) what his rookie mom is up to...
Really so funny! Ash, I can just picture you scrambling to get out of the line of fire. And I love that she is smart enough to charge 2 build a bear outfits for the rights to the photo. Smart little girlie.
Haha!
Thats the funnest story i have heard in a long time!:) Sophie is so cute!! -Jill
How do we get our hands on that pic!
Post a Comment