Kevin Bacon is the actor/musician/Hanes co-spokesman who threw himself a spectacular birthday party at the Stein Eriksen Lodge in 2004 and invited, as a musical guest, the band Cake.
Cake followed the moderate yet suprising success of thier 1994 single "rock and roll lifestyle" with the classic 1996 album Fashion Nugget. It contained the hits Frank Sinatra and The Distance. In 1996 Cake was seen in concert by the awkward looking teen fan, John Connors.Later, at his own wedding, Jason wisely choose former quarterback and all around good guy Jeff Fowler to be a groomsman.
Jeff Fowler, in arguably the best decision of his life, married Delta sweetheart Cynthia Losee.
And Finally, in 2008 Cynthia Losee Fowler ran the Houston Marathon is something like 2 minutes (2 hours and 41 minutes I think actually) and qualified for the Olympic Trials (in Boston, April 2008) successfully trumping any accomplishment by any of the previously listed characters. She is currently in talks to replace Kevin Bacon in all future Hanes ads. And she's nice. We are very proud to know her. Seriously. Way to go, Cynth.
15 comments:
Wow...that is very cool. Way to go Cynth!
Yay! The Connor's blog does not disappoint in its creativity and wit--not to mention adorable children. I cannot wrap my brain around Cynthia running that fast. How must that feel? I'll never know. She's my hero. Seriously.
that's awesome! girlfriend flies. glad you're blogging now:)
Hey, let the Fowlers know for me that my offer still stands to be Cynth's agent (I told Jeff when we were helping you guys move into house #2). I think she'd look great on a Wheaties box and I want a 10% cut o' that!
That would be awesome if cynthia worked for hanes. I'm the spokesperson for their line of bananna hammocks. My commercials air only after 1 AM and only on NYC public TV. If you are ever up at that hour watch for me it is stunning!
From the other room, Travis said, "Guess who's on the blogging scene?"
It made my day! Can't wait to be blog buddies!
FINALLY!! I have waited for this moment forever. I am glad you guys have joined the blogosphere.
I say "used to come over" in a longing for the past sort of way. the same way I might say, "i used to watch the oc every thursday," for example.
HUH HUM...
hmmmm. my first comment on the Connors blog. what will I say?
It has to be witty.
It has to be creative.
It has to be funny.
Oh man I need to think more about this and start drafting things out. I'll get back to you.
sorry sessions, fcc cut your comment.
What me make an off color comment, to be honest it happens so often I have no idea what I wrote.
That was Brandi by the way!!!!!!!!
Tell her there will be a group of little kids with orange slices cheering for her in Wellesley!! We love Marathon days in Boston...
Post a Comment