So it is with great joy that the Connors family welcomes the Oscar's into our home.
Sophie watched the "princesses" roll in with great enjoyment and has already awarded Jenifer Garner the "most beautiful princess" award, an assesment that shows a heretofor unknown appreciation for the color black.
Having seen the best princess of the night, here are a few more things the fam would like to see:
1- I'm rooting for a "never gonna happen" best picture award for the comedy in the mix.
2-I would be a little less suprised but still happy to see Ellen Page win best actress.
3- Best Original Song- "Falling Slowly" from Once. For Sure. No question.

4- On the subject of music, I'm going to have to side with Tyler Henderson and say the Oscar small print* got in the way of what certainly should have at least been conidered for the best original score, the Johnny Greenwood work on There Will Be Blood. (this choice is biased by my appreciation of his role is rock history and my love for Tyler and Stacy Henderson.)
*Clearly there is a strick Webster's dictionary originalist on the Academy Awards Supreme Court requiring 'original: meaning 1' be applied. The work must "belong or pertain to the beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning." Greenwood's work was not entirely original to There Will Be Blood.
5- Sophie wants Ratatouille win something. (oh it just did. sweet!)
6- I'd like to see Cate Blanchett win best supporting actress for playing Bob Dylan, mostly because I like Bob Dylan, particularly the Newport Folk Fest electric Bob Dylan that she plays.
And, that's all for now. The welcome back party is about to start. And in the distance, soft but steady, I can hear the footsteps of new episodes of 30 rock. Yes, even on this night of nights for the big screen, television sings it's siren song. And oh how I have missed it.
Here's to you, scripted television, may the changing tides of technology never seperate us again.**
13 comments:
Drama....I agree that FINALLY life can start back up now that the writer's are back. It's been a long run. I myself am just getting ready to go watch the Oscar's.
p.s. Your wife and I were making plans to hang out soon. For real.
scott thinks we should celebrate the arrival of a new 30 Rock and Office with you, the Connors, and a pizza. What do you say?
Sophie nice tastes- I thought Jennifer Garner was best dressed too!
Oh and we want to come to your Office/30rock party too- we are counting down the days til April 10th. Ash and I could then watch Greys as well.
Perfect.. an Office/30 Rock Party it is. If that suits your fancy come our way! Details to follow.
Yay for new shows! It is rather pathetic how excited I really am. And Sophie, Taya found lots of princesses too. One day she wants to go on that red floor and see them all.
P.S. There are many tatoo's out there that I like and even envy. But are you kidding me? I don't understand the tatoo that when partially covered by a short sleeve reveals a womans crotch. Am I crazy?
Dear Walt,
Where have you been you two timing jerk? I thought you were the co chair of my blog?
We're through!
and here is the poem back you wrote for me.
TV! My TV! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Television lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
WOW! You guys have co chairs for your blogs? I need to find a good one. I was going after Obama, but I found out he is linked up with Bob the Builder as they share the same slogan "Yes we can!"
Back to the drawing board.
could you believe "enchanted" got 3 best song nominations? good thing "once" pulled it out (and of course it did)...and also a good thing they let marketa come back out to give her acceptance speech.
I felt bad that my rock idol had his score dq'ed at the Oscars, but he's won a pile of awards for it so that makes me feel a bit better.
Oh yeah, nice to see No Country clean up. That film is a masterpiece.
I am in love with your blog. And your family. No way our kids will come out as adorable as yours with a husband like mine! (just kidding, D!)
For serious, love it. And hi!
As an English major, I'm loving the "Whitman addition" of this post. I'm wondering who I can get to co-chair mine? Perhaps Joyce, Eliot, Hemmingway?
Post a Comment