We blessed Ruby on Sunday. I loved wrapping my not so little baby up in my blanket that I bought in Bethlehem years ago, while she was wearing a beautiful 100 year old vintage blessing gown that my thoughtful mother in law bought in Wales when she picked John up from his mission. I got teary snapping the buttons up the back while my own grandma held Ruby. This little girl is lucky- she (and John and I and the rest of our little munchkins) has quite the support group, and for that we feel most blessed. Thanks everyone for a great day. 

It was a great Sunday filled with family, friends and spectacular food. And after the festivities were over and the house emptied out I realized just how tired I was. All of my kids were asleep by 7:30pm and John and I crawled up on the couch and watched the jazz game. I started looking through my pictures of the day and realized that there were none of John and I together. So we took one. I need to be better about taking pictures I suppose. Less talking, more picture taking? 
I believe I was asleep approximately 10 minutes later. What a beautiful day.
23 comments:
congrats, little ruby. she looks like a doll in her gorgeous dress. precious!
glad to know the "rubster" is legit. the baby mama is lookin good too:)
it was a wonderful day! we love you and your cute cute family!!
k that top picture of Ruby... she looks like a baby swan! What a great shot. And that miniature ctr ring is going to kill me! I love you guys! So glad to have another Connors on the block. John, it's a go on the garden. Let's get tilling!
Ruby looks so beautiful--what a special day!!!
It was a beautiful day for a beautiful little girl. Thanks for inviting us.
Jonny especially liked your candy bar. Thanks for all the fishes.
Beautiful baby girl.
Love the picture of you two also. Remember the days when the only pictures on our cameras were close ups of ourselves and boyfriend/hubby? Funny how life changes...
Please...let's visit again soon. I need to love on that baby again.
sooo glad i could be there! ruby is beaaautiful. i love you and your family verrry much!
It ws a save in your heart kind of day.
Oh!! I wish I would have known...I can't wait to meet your sweet new girl and for you to meet my new husband..:) Looks like things are going so well for you all!
I got teary eyed just reading about your day (these pregnancy hormones!!) Ruby looked like a little doll. I love the tiny ring on her finger...so cute.
So beautiful! Serioulsy, can you do anything that is not amazing? The blanket, the dress, the ring, what a lucky girl that Ruby is.:)
What a wonderful thing to have a husband be able to bless that beautiful baby!! It is truly a miracle. She is gorgeous and you and your family is sooo very lucky.
What a beautiful baby! Congratulations! The blessing dress is beautiful!
I get teary every time I even think about it! Days like those make all those long years of parenting worth it! We love and adore you all...what a wonderful day!
wish we could have been there. we love you guys!!!!
OH NO!! I HAD NO IDEA...AGAIN THE JAQUES ARE LAST IN LINE TO KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS!...or atleast i am! It will make me feel better if Rett didn't know about it...and you guys just 'forgot' to tell us...but i have a feeling he knew and didn't tell me!! GRRRRRR
Congrads anyways...sorry we weren't there for you!!
Sounds like a perfect day. I love the pictures! I am horrible about taking pictures but I LOVE to look at them. I need to be better about taking them too :) You have such a cute family!
Ruby looks so much like Sophie in the picture of her smiling on the bed. That dress is so cute, as is the story behind it.
Congrats to a wonderful and beautiful family!
Congratulations, Ruby. What a beautiful day! Wish we could have been there. We love you so much.
Hugs, Sarah, Dave, Timo and Bella
Hey it's brittany and Travis(jeffs sister) How cute your little family is. Congrats!! We need to come over sometime and get our johnny music fix.
What a darling blessing outfit!
she looks beautiful! and both of my kids have been blessed in a bethlehem blanket! so special! reminds me of those good times we had as roomies! can you believe it's almost been 10 years?
Post a Comment