Monday, March 23, 2009

update...

The weather here is awful today. Instead of elaborating I will focus on the positive and do a little update.
Ruby:
Experiencing life from a few more views. She is loving it. And we are loving all her cute smiles that she so freely gives. Parker:
Experiencing the freedom that he has while I feed Ruby. Today he ran in her room and told me he was going potty. He never came back. I went in there to check on him and the toilet was full of a roll and a half of toilet paper (plus what he left behind...). He was singing as he was unrolling more! Needless to say I fished out nasty toilet paper into a bag. At least I caught it before he tried to flush it. Then he hugged me and said, "I wub you mom." Oh well. Can't stay mad at him. He also wore a tie to church on Sunday. It was cute. Before then he has always protested the tie.
Sophie:
Experiencing the joys of dreaming big. On her list lately... she wants to be a gymnast and a rock star when she grows up. I wish her all the luck in the world. She even told me she wants back up singers. As for the gymnast thing... I took her to the last Utah Ladies Gymnastics meet along with 15,000 other people. She ate it right up.John:
Experiencing the life of a green thumbed gardener. It is that time of year. We go to J&L Garden Store weekly, he checks out gardening books from the library, and we plant some goodies to harvest this summer. Love the garden.

Ashley:
Experiencing the life of the late twenty somethings almost thirty with three kids. The other day I found myself rocking out to my favorite song of late... ( Jesse McCartney's Leavin'.) I was driving in my mini van singing and dancing with the sun roof open. Then I drove past our neighbors house where their 17 year old son looked at me with a "what the heck?" look. I realized two things:
1. I am clearly not acting my age.
2. I am okay with it. Only because my kids are not old enough to tell me how lame I am yet. Until then...

21 comments:

john said...

not sure what to say...
That is a pretty tough song not to get down to, I'm not going to lie.
I refuse to be ashamed.

Jenny H said...

I love your taste in music, and your attitude about it. I also love Ruby's smiles, Parker's tie, Sophie's dreams, and John's garden. Every time I try to garden, I end up really sucking at it.

Tatiana said...

Parker in that tie...simply darling. Sophie in all red for the redrocks...yes! Ruby at her work station....bless her for amusing herself! John changing the world; one garden/cookie at a time. Ash, keeping it real with Jesse. Keep on not acting your age. It looks good on you.

Lauren Parker said...

okay first:
ruby- adorable. she is getting SO old!!
parker- what a stud!! he looks absolutely darling in that tie.
sophie- what a big smile on that fave!! she is getting so big!
and you and john- i love you both. and ashley, i thik its rather cool that you blast jesse mccartney! i love you and miss you
ps. zachary says hello and he misses you!

Nickposh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nickposh said...

Ash, you have always rocked out in the car... one of the many things I love about you! I rock out too... minus the hair brush that we always had in the Mazda many years ago. So, Sophie has the makings of a rockstar... from both you and John. BTW, where did all the cookies go last night?

Mushie said...

I noticed all of my lasagna gone to the mountain tin foil lunch..I think John should have left at least one cookie for me!
what else can I say I know for sure that I have the cutest grandkids and coolest children ever!

Just Spotted said...

Jaden let's me sing inside the car, but is quick to remind me that if I sing outside of the car people will laugh at me. Your kids are nicer and love the stories.

Everyday Sparkles said...

Lovin the update. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in a while. What adorable kids! Parker is very handsome in his tie. Can't believe that Ruby is in a play station. Sophie will make the cutest gymnast ever. I would love to go with you guys next time! And as for the toilet . . . better you than me. Two boys, I've been there many times. many.

Ashley, I can't believe I can't place that song. I'm off to look it up on itunes so I can have a proper visual of you rocking out to it.

John, can't wait to watch your garden grow. Great photo.

and thanks for putting up the b-ball hoop. My boys are diggin it!

Jill T said...

Your family is SO cute Ashley! Little Parker in a tie--what a handsome little guy!

And no worries about not acting your age. I still feel like I'm 16 and probably act like it more often than you do.

I think we should put a freeze on our birthdays this June. What do you think? 29 is good place to stop!

I'll be in SLC all of next month and would love to get together some time. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh man your family is fantastic!

lbb said...

YOu're the coolest mini-van drivin' chick ever. I'd check you out fo sho! BTW (do you like your mini van...debating between sienna/odyssey...).
Parker is a doll in his tie and I can't believe how much Ruby looks like John! (sorry, ash).
love you.

Liz said...

You & your family are so cute...no baby for me yet. It's offically never coming out! Tomorrow I'm 38 weeks and my dr better give me the green light to have this little one!

Adrianne said...

thanks for the new music tips. already downloaded.

Eric said...

I love John's comment - made me laugh. I am liking getting older. My body doesn't like getting older but I am enjoying life more :). Your kids are darling and I think Ruby looks a lot like John - have you gotten that from other people? As far as your weather goes - you need to come visit us here because it is fabulous. Then in about two months I will be up in Utah because our weather will STINK!

Heidi Louise said...

Ashley + Mini Van + Rocki'n out to Jesse McCartney(which I totally don't blame you and had I been there, I would have been rocking out with you... I secretly like him too)= Me Laughing my "A" off!!

sarahbellac said...

You are so awesome, Ash! I love the mental picture of you rocking out in your van. :)
We'll have to take some tips from John while we're in Utah, and hopefully we can plant a few things that actually grow this year.
Love you!

Lauren Parker said...

you should try downloading
"we can go anywhere" by him too....really its a favorite!! nerdy i know but its good
and
"how do you sleep"
love them both. hope you do tooooo:]

RETTJ16 said...

Call me next time you go to J & L and we can 'Ohhh and Ahhhh' with you!!

The Beckstroms said...

I was laughing so hard because just this week I discovered a forgotten song on my ipod...Leavin' and I was jammin' all week! I am sure I disgusted many people while I drove and sang at the top of my lungs, bobbing my head, but what a great mood I have been in!
Miss you!

bladesfam said...

Keep on rockin' Ashley! That is too awesome!