Wednesday, October 8, 2008

oh sweet sweetness...

About six months ago a few couple friends of ours (Sterling/Brandi and Michael/Adrienne) and John and I went out to dinner. John and I had just got back from Mexico for a weekend getaway. This got brought up in our dinner conversation and Michael insisted that we all go sometime. Well- to be honest I thought it was a great idea but like most great ideas- it would come and go. About a month later Michael called and told us he was booking his tickets so we needed to pick a date. So we did. And then we got tickets. About a week ago Sterling and Brandi bought tickets and we were off. I am amazed it happened... I have to say a big thanks to Michael and Adi for taking the initiative and getting us out the door. I haven't laughed that hard, that many times, for a long time. It was a really fun weekend. Thanks guys! The view from our balcony. It was really nice to wake up to this every morning.Dinner at Mary's. A delicious fish platter and an awesome waiter. (not included in picture)A crazy water volleyball game- Connors vs. Barnetts. In the third game we lost by one point. It was devastating. John and I even had matching bandanas. This is proof that I got my seven month pregnant belly out of the water. Yeehaw. Too bad we still lost.Michael and Sterling posing in the pool. At least I think this is what they are doing.John and I in the town. After we ate breakfast at Regina's.

The girls. Brandi, Me and Adrienne. It was so nice to just sit back, order pina coladas, pretend to read and watch the boys entertain themselves with jet skis, random games, pool time, etc.
Dinner at The Friendly Dolphin. Yum.


Thanks again guys for a great weekend. It was so fun to get away and spend time with friends. (And thanks to everyone that juggled our kids and made it possible for us to go! We love you.)

17 comments:

Courtney said...

I love Mexico! Thanks for letting us play with Sophie and Parker while you were gone! They are quite adorable....and I sure love them! Good to have you back!

Lauren Parker said...

oooooh so jealous!! haha and the new net? uh amazing?! haha seriously. oh and the friendly dolphin? was a let down when i went but im glad it surved you well! i hope you had fun! i missed you but i saw your beautiful kiddies and i LOOOOOVE them too much!!! I LOVE you :]

Bkay said...

We went to Mexico with some friends last year, and it was a blast! Our trip started much the same as yours....a quick mention of the idea and one of the friends making it all happen...thank goodness for brave friends who make things like that happen!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Montezuma has taken his revenge on me. I think it was the fact that I ordered shrimp tacos from a hut with dirt floors right before a car trip. But they tasted so good...

Heidi Louise said...

Ashley... you deserve a trip like that. Especially before the baby comes.

I think we should take a book club trip to Mexico. What do you think?

RETTJ16 said...

Ohhh i am jealous!

Jenny H said...

So. Freaking. Jealous.

Coleen said...

Glad you got to escape! We had a great time with Owen, so thanks for entertaining his parents.

Everyday Sparkles said...

What a great time you guys had. Next time . . . take us! Ashley you look WAY too good to be pregnant and John, love the new haircut. Very cool. Thanks for helping move in my ugly couch . . . which will soon be departing us.

Eric said...

That looks like so much fun - a weekend without children and with ggod friends - SO NICE!! Also, it is so nice when good ideas actually happen :)

THE WAVE LENGTH said...

That photo of sterling and the other guy in the pool is one of the most homo-erotic things ive ever seen. Next to my brother rett of course. Visit the wavelength.

Jeff Jaques "the key master"

THE WAVE LENGTH said...

That photo of sterling and the other guy in the pool is one of the most homo-erotic things ive ever seen. Next to my brother rett of course.

Jeff Jaques "the key master"

Liz said...

I think that is awesome that you just went on a whim. I'm jealous. Mexico is so pretty and you can't bet the endless sunshine.

Kori and Brad said...

Hi you guys! It's so nice to see updates from long lost friends! You guys look great!

lbb said...

So jealous! I'm glad you got away b/f #3! You look darling. Seriously, that Mexico water looks so appetizing right now!

Liz said...

What fun. We need to do that sometime.... And by the way you look nowhere near seven months pregnant. Hope you are feeling OK.

sarahbellac said...

Wow! What an awesome trip! I love the pics and I'm totally impressed that you played water-volleyball with your 7-mo-preg-belly! You're amazing.
Hugs,
Sarah