Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Wonderland

Following the stock market's lead, Utah temperatures plummeted overnight.

Yesterday (Oct. 11)
Today (Dec. 21- or so it seemed)
Thank you, tomato killing storm, for giving us a chance to build a snowman and reminding me I need some new gloves. You can go now.

15 comments:

Ashley C. said...

hey- cute kids. and thanks for helping them make a snowman. :) love you.

Bkay said...

Wow! You guys got some snow! I am TRYING to start the tradition that I will make cinnomon rolls on the day of the first snow...I was a little late, but I managed to get them done on the day the snow stuck to the grass! Anyway, maybe I better try them again when the snow returns!!

Melissa and Trevor said...

that looks like so much fun!

Everyday Sparkles said...

First sign of snow and we're out of there. We'll be in CA the next few days . . . would love it if you could grab our mail. We'll bring you home some Mickey Mouse gloves.

Lauren Parker said...

all i have to say is it looks fun...but im soooo glad i live in st. george hahah. i missss you!

RETTJ16 said...

Ohhh it was so sad! I woke up Sunday morning to such a frightening sight! All my tomatoe plants just covered in snow! It is so sad to see the snow come and the tomatoes go! It is going to be a lonnnnnnnnng winter with no fresh tomatoes! Can you tell i am already depressed!!

Courtney said...

I wish we had enough snow for a snowman!! Or maybe we did and we slept thru our chance to build one?

sterlingandbrandi said...

Those kids are so cute! I love the side by side pix of Sophers. I can't believe you got so much snow. John- we just watched Chuck on NBC and they had 2 songs from the National and "Skinny Love" from Bon Iver. It might be your new OC...

john said...

Ashley- I love you too.
Bkay- my mom make ginger bread boys on the first snowfall.
denhams- it's only fun on the weekends.
jeni- we will get your mail.
mo- if you don't visit when you come up we will rage.
jill- my garden friend, I feel your pain. I don't think the sheets I threw over my plants last minute worked.
Court- the artic north gets more snow than the city.
Brandi- I've been told I would like Chuck. Always on the look out for something to fill the void those crazy Cohen's left in my heart.

Jenny H said...

I love Sophie's pose in that picture. So cute.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Although the snow looks beautiful in the pictures, it makes me glad I live here. Today is sunny with hardly a cloud in the sky and we are still sleeping with the window open!

Jenny H said...

Yea, so I know I should probably just call you-but, as I am sitting at my work computer...the blogging is working. Sorry for the lameness.
I checked movie times at Gateway for the 24th...8:00 w/the girlies? We can head over early and eat. Because truly we know that is a very important piece. I'll buy the tix if it works...
We could also go another night other than opening:) if that is better. We are flexible.
Can't wait:)

Brianne said...

We left perfect weather to way too hot weather and came home to SNOW, are you kidding me???

John, I have some recommendations for the Cohen void...been there done that.

john said...

Kilgore-
Recommend away. Help us fill the void.

Liz said...

Love the rain coat Sophie!