Tuesday, September 9, 2008

oh sweet, sweet vanessa...

I have a few embarrasing moments under my belt. I have fallen down in public way too many times to count. I have broken stools while sitting on them. When I taught, I once read a book to my second graders with a huge hole in the crotch of my pants- just at their eyelevel. ( I believe I was like 10 months pregnant at the time- so I really couldn't see it). Besides these so called embarrasing moments- I have been told recently that I also have somewhat embarrasing taste in music/media.
For example:
I rented What Happens in Vegas and made John watch it with me.
I LOVE the High School Musical movies. Love them. Seriously. I could watch them over and over. I cannot wait til the third one comes out!!!!
I have a crush on Zac Efron's dance moves. I know he is like 5'2' or something. I just can't help it.
I think the t.v. show Hannah Montana is funny.
Why- you say- would you ever admit this on your blog? Well here is why. I have now seen in concert:
1. Hannah Montana
2. The Jonas Brothers
and
3. Vanessa Hudgens
(as somewhat of a disclaimer: they were all events that I was given tickets to. Hannah Montana/The Jonas Brothers was b/c of the very hip and cool Katie of "Katie and Elliot". And mind you- she gave me 30 tickets to the taping of the 3d movie concert and I got to distribute them to a many happy teeny boppers and chaperones. Jonas Brothers rocked. So does Katie.)

I have a very nice cousin Jamie. She married a very cool guy named Steve. Steve is on the board of directors for the State Fair. He offered us Vanessa Hudgens tickets- and a little meet and greet with the Gabriella superstar. Who can turn that down? Not I! So, my Mom and Dad, Sophie, Naomi, Kate, and Annie and I all set off to the fair for the show. It was really fun. We got to go into the little venue early where we waited for our chance to say hi to Vanessa. They walked us around a little trailer and there she was in all her 4'8" glory. ( I don't really know how tall she is- she just looked TINY sitting there. Like a little peanut.) She was beautiful actually. And Sophie was thrilled because in our 30 second exchange/paid photo op she told Sophie that she had beautiful eyes. So hopefully we will get to order our pictures and have proof of that moment, since they wouldn't allow us to take our own pictures. Here are other pictures of the fun filled fair night and the "$25 in tickets" ferris wheel ride that we took afterwards.
Here is the group ( minus me) waiting to meet Vanessa.Steve- the man who made it happen. Thanks Steve! You are the best.Sophie, Mushie and Kate sharing drinks and french fries. We love the fair. Annie waiting. What a cute smile.This is proof that my awesome Dad was there. He was a good sport!

PS. Some of my other favorites that I wholeheartedly endorse: Bananarama, The Outfield, YAZ, Michael Jackson, Enrique, Just Married, Sweet Home Alabama, P.S. I love you, The O.C, Smallville...

21 comments:

Lauren Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren Parker said...

ahh im so upset that i couldnt come. and down worry i love all your confessions cus i have many of them too. and yes zac efron is tiny- since i saw him :] and literally screamed my face off like a loser...so i guess im obsessed with him too. hmm. we need lives. and ill be seeing hsm3 the night its comes out. please jsut drive down and see it with me hahahah. this looks like it was soo much fun though! i miss you all :[

It's Been a Day! said...

i don't think this is something to be ashamed of, but proud of!! I'm totally hooked to the high school musical movies. I guess I'm just a teeny bopper at heart - just not so teeny in any sense of the word!

kate said...

What's life without guilty pleasures? My iPod shuffle is filled with songs I love but deem below my music taste. I'm hooked on Bravo reality TV. Thank you Heidi! Welcome back Todd!

Keep enjoying yourself...hope the baby had a good time.

Jenny H said...

I am so glad you admitted your Zac Efron love, because-truthfully, I watched a preview for hsm3 and he looked pretty good. I then felt a little like a child molester. But, hopefully he is over 17.

Oh...and I like the Jonas Brothers.
And Hannah Montana.
And, have you watched Wizards of Waverly Place? That one's pretty funny. If not, it's only on like 43 times a day. I can get you the time:)

lbb said...

i love your confessions and find no problem w/ any of them! sometimes i pretend that char wants to watch hanna montana, when really it's me.
we're all just jealous.
you look real cute. when is baby coming?
i LOVE the fair, even the rip-offs. hope we get there this year....

john said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
john said...

Remember when you beat me at the radio game because you could correctly identify Banarama's "Cruel, Cruel Summer" after only 15 seconds?
it haunts me still.

RETTJ16 said...

I love High School musical too!! And we just rented the vegas movie and loved it!!!! What did you guys think? I thought it was so funny!!

Lauren Parker said...

oh and i agree with jenny- wizards of waverly place is the best.
its almost better than hannah montanna :)
to me at least haha

Everyday Sparkles said...

You have just made me laugh so hard and brightened my day. I love your confessions and hey, it's all good . . . I still LOVE Hello Kitty and proud of it. My Hello Kitty alarm clock wakes me up every morning. I have never seen any of the High School Musical movies though, may need to borrow those. Cute photos!

Kysha said...

If Emma knew this about you, she would dump me as a mother and head on up to your house. Seriously, coolest Mom ever. For some fun we'll invite you guys over for some fun with our "High School Musical Dance Moves DVD" I know the moves to "We're all in this together".

heidi said...

We will have to exchange embarrassing stories - i have a couple "Shallow Hal" (a guilty pleasure of mine) moments where I have broke a chair or two. And don't forget to add to your list Tina Turner and Ghetto Cowboy (also some of my favorites!). We WILL see you soon. I love John, but really, I'm getting tired of seeing him without you!
PS -Thank you soooo much for letting us borrow him for the race. You have now been upgraded to "Free triathlon t-shirts for life" status. We love the Connors!

Bkay said...

Oh, the smiles you bring to my face! It is good to know that there are others out there who are young at heart! Wouldn't life be fun if it were a musical...I wonder what song I would sing as my kids screamed their songs to me! I can't wait to see you soon. Oh, I have to say, Kalli Kay has started to give me kissy face kisses...I had to laugh. Love, bkay

Tyler and Stacy: said...

I'm staring at the list of things in italics and still can't figure out what The OC and Smallville have in relation to the others.

Neena said...

Ash-
You must be my sister from another mister. I am down with Hanna Montana and all the HSM!!! I think it just shows that we are young in heart. And when it comes to embarrassing stories, I hear you did I or did I not make a fool of myself backing out of your drive way in my truck. These are the things I like about you. I am surprised you didn't add to embarring things when you almost chocked to death in the teachers lounge. Love you see you on Tues.

Tia said...

Wait...so why are you embarassed? No need...all of the things you mentioned are totally awesome! I'm glad you finally saw What Happens in Vegas. I pretty much agree/like everything on the list, except I can't say that I've been to all of those concerts. You've definitely got me beat there!!

But...I did see Vanessa and Zac at a Jazz game once and was totally obsessed with watching them because I thought they were so cute.

Adrianne said...

When Steve called to offer the tickets I tried to tell him that you would be the most excited of all of the kids but I amnot quite sure that he believed me. Glad you had fun. Thanks for taking my girls with you!

Jill T said...

Finally someone else who admits to liking Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I went to go see High School Musical the musical--that sounds a little word now that I've typed it.

I would have come to all those concerts with you and loved every minute--I'm such a tweenie.

When you get those pics back with Vanessa please post.

Glitzy Glass said...

It was fun to read your blog! (I saw you on Suzie's Blog) My life is an embarrassing moment. I am not a ditz, but just retarded. Your funny!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Ash, I have to confess that while I am amazingly hip in almost every single way, I have the worst taste probably in most of my reading material. That's why I will tell anyone who will listen that I read 2 or 3 books a week, and then when they ask me if I've read anything good lately I freeze up. I just can't admit I'm reading teen romance books, or fantasy novels. Its soooo geeky. So while the HSM thing is beyond me, I've got some serious geekiness going.