John bought me a cool book this week. I am sure most of you have heard of the idea. ( I hadn't but then again... I am usually behind the times.. anyway). The book is called Six Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak. Explanation on Amazon: From the editors of the New York Times bestseller Not Quite What I Was Planning comes another collection of terse true tales—this time simple sagas exploring the complexities of the human heart. Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak contains hundreds of personal stories about the pinnacles and pitfalls of romance. Brilliant in their brevity, these insightful slivers of passion, pain, and connection capture every shade of love and loss—six words at a time.
Six words. People describing love and heartbreak. It is super interesting and fun to read. (Some are a bit out there and wierd for my liking.) Here are some of my favorites.
In his smile I saw forever.
He still needs me at sixty-four.
Thank you for breaking my heart.
My life's accomplishments? Sanity and you.
We belly laugh every single day.
Lucky me. I found the one.
Silently suffered his facial hair experiments. ( perhaps I could have written that one.. but it wouldn't say silent.)
John, being the closet romantic that he is wrote me my own, and wrote it in the cover of the book.
Knows me. And loves me still.
And so on this day of love- I write my own six word memoirs for love, and for my love.
Still get butterflies when he sings.
Three kids later. Still in love.
Love equals john sophie parker ruby.
Wishing love for all I love.
Share your own six word memoirs... and Happy Valentines Day.
10 comments:
LOVED IT! I'll be thinking of my 6 words.
i just teared up. HAPPIEST VALENTINE'S DAY to your beautiful, love-filled family
This was so beautiful, and so are you...
I totally copied this idea and posted a few on my blog. I hope you don't mind:)
I'm crying right now! Your poems were soooo sweet. You guys are to cute together. What a perfect match.
Six words. Sad to be alone on Valentines.
Actually I'm not alone . . . my house is filled with the entire b-ball team for a party. They are running around having a blast, but I'm still missing Shane. 3 weeks to go.
I love your six.
Happy Valentine's Day to you guys!
cleans my stinky fridge that's love
Tiling together forever, You're my lobster.
jungle speedo stache, jungle speedo stache.
cutest EVER
holly i'm sorry. john's just better.
Post a Comment