"If it is a boy, we will call it Monster," Sophie said proudly, then paused to give herself an approving nod. Sufficiently congratulated, she moved on to consider the alternative,
"If it is a girl..." she looked around her room, searching for inspiration, finally settling on,
"Princess. We will call it Princess...
or Brooke."
She presented all this as doctrine not open to debate. There was no doubt in her voice. No slight pause. No verbal cue that communicated anything like a question mark. These were the facts. She spoke them slowly and with conviction. Then she closed her eyes and went to bed.
Ashley is pregnant.
That's the news around here. She is beautifully pregnant. And she's totally crazy. She is living on a diet that consists of bagels and cream cheese exclusively. She is full of hope and excitement.
Sophie will have until sometime mid December to form a compelling argument to support her bizarre name choices. This, in addition to whatever rain dance she can come up with to ensure that what is presently called "baby number 3" will be a sister.
Parker has no idea what is going on. He is not unlike his father in this sense. But concerning the baby, if you ask him "where's mama's baby" he will begin to undress Ashley, wrestling with her until he can expose and point at her stomach, which is just now beginning to pop out. I suggest you quietly ask him the question next time you are around both of them.
I am filled with a combination of "thanksgiving in twenty years is going to be so fun" excitement and "these Lilliputians are going to shoot me in the eye with their poison arrows" terror.
All in all, we feel very lucky.
key points review.
Ashley-pregnant.
Due date- officially Dec. 18
General disposition- sick, tired and happy.
Primary sustenance- Bagels and cream cheese.
Gender of unborn child- unknown for a few more weeks.
24 comments:
Congratulations!! Nothing is cuter than a pregnant Ashley Connors!! Hooray!
congrats!! i think i'll start a diet of just bagels and cream cheese, and i'm not even pregnant!! i hope the sickness goes away quickly. so happy for you guys.
Congratulations! People as talented and good-looking as yourselves should definately pro-create. I like Sophie's baby name choices. Claire also suggested "Cinderella" as a possible option for our #4 due December 15th. We're finding we have a lot in common lately-we are also experiencing the strange combination of happiness and sheer terror. Yay, for you guys!
P.S.Daniel Wood is some sort of great-great-great-uncle of mine.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you 4, soon to be 5! I am scared for that moment when we are out numbered. I will be seeking advice...one day.
that is great news.
the way things are going, we could just merge our "we owe you dinner," your "we're bringing you dinner 'cause you had a kid" and our upcoming "we're bringing YOU dinner 'cause you had a kid" all in one.
Congrats!! You are both such great parents and people...more of your children are needed :)
That's a long time to wait for Thanksgiving to get fun. Good luck.
Congrads!!! We are so excited for you!!!!
Yeah!!! We are excited for you guys! I totally started laughing when I read that all you like to eat is bagels. My diet while I was pregnant with London was bagels and cream cheese. It was the only thing I didn't throw up :). Isn't that a lovely thought! Well, Sophie's names are hilarious - I think Brooke is the one I'd go with given the choices :)
We are so excited for you . . . and if it's ever too much we'll gladly take one off your hands. Send him/her over.
I'm voting for "Monster". Give it a few months, I think it will grow on you. Congrats again, and hopefully we will see you soon in a less sleep deprived, less rainy, less orange cone filled, less crazy people (although not less fun) setting.
Awesome! Congrats you guys!
Wow congrats guys! Hope you get feeling better Ashley.
Congrats! Thanks for producing more people to help Travis with his triathlons...so generous.
Ashley, is it weird I'm jealous of your diet? No bagels and cream cheese for this post-pregnancy belly :(.
I am ok with this as long as it doesnt affect your soccer availability.
Let me give Sophie a little help on the name. You should just go with Casey. It is unisexual, has a strong connetion to baseball which means if it's a he then he will gravitate toward that as a favorite sport or if it's a she then thanks to her cute mom she can be a baseball hottie on the level of Alyssa Milano who I still like to call "Sam" (her name on Who's the Boss) Sam by the way is another good unisex name.
Another reason would be that Casey is also a name commonly given to dogs and on the extreme off chance that this turns out to puppy rather than a child then you will be good to go.
Casey-
Sophie already has a much adored stuffed red and white puppy named Casey. But it is a good name!
Name it what you will...I'm just thrilled it's coming!
Gummy
Well I'll be darned. Can't wait for beach week, can't wait for baby number 3 and can't wait for cow cookies.
!!!!!!!!!!
What great timing!
I ditto the comment- that Ash is in fact beautifully pregnant.
Congratulations!!! I hope you aren't too sick. I can't wait to find out what it is!!! Tell Sophie I think both names would be perfect.
Congratulations!!! I hope you aren't too sick. I can't wait to find out what it is!!! Tell Sophie I think both names would be perfect.
i too send my congratulations! # 3 is magic!! love you both and thanks for all of the other catch up- it's good to be back it has been too long!!
Congratulations again, Ash and John! You could always name the kid "Bodacious Beach." Oh wait...no...that's taken already. Seriously. You wouldn't believe what some people name their children. Work at a children's hospital long enough and you'll come to appreciate traditional names even more...
Terese told us last night!! We are so excited for you guys!
Yea, for number three!! :)
Post a Comment