Tuesday, March 23, 2010

mother earth and random thoughts


I really like yoga. I am not really good at it. Not super flexible, too much extra padding in the way. But I like it, and I keep trying. This morning in yoga I was in my crow pose and my yoga instructor ( how I love yoga instructors... all wise sage wisdomy and stuff) suggested that this pose is good because our heads are near the ground. Here we can send all of our negative energy to Mother Earth (the ground). Mother Earth will take the negative energy and turn it into something good.

I like that thought. My belief in God falls in line with this. And so I am going to try to be better about giving away my negative energy, and finding peace. Moments later in yoga I was sure that my friend and I were going to be kicked out of the class for giggling uncontrollably. Totally not appropriate yoga zen spirit. But they let us stay. Thank goodness. I say any work out class that ends with you laying on the floor meditating in the dark for 2 mins. is just about as good as it gets.

Speaking of mother earth. I am excited for our garden this season. I love dinners when they are always accompanied by a side of fresh veggies steamed to perfection. Yum. I can hardly wait.

I like the Spring fling/cleaning aspect of spring. We attacked the garage last weekend and it is all clean. Feels so good. Now onto the rest of the house. My goal... Every closet and drawer will be cleaned out. I'm sure this will take well into summer. This practice can be a bit scary though because I can get overzealous and start really getting into "throwing out." I once threw away my wallet (on accident, of course) the day before vacation. Who does that?

We have been all black and blue here. John sprained his ankle in a rousing indoor soccer game. The previous week his team was crowned champions of the "Over 30- B teams" league. Doesn't get much better than that when you are pushing 32. I do hope he recovers quickly though. I need a spring time bike buddy, and asap. I know he is itching to get out there too.

Speaking of the bike I want to ride more this summer. I am feeling the panic of turning thirty without a big huge accomplishment or something. I know, I know... I am a mom and that is an accomplishment in itself. It's just that... well, I dunno why I feel that way, I just do. Like I said, I feel the panic, so I am addressing it by- accomplishing a little thing. I hope that makes me feel all peachy. Salem Spring Triathlon- first weekend in June if you want to join me. I have done this race before, and I really liked it. Super fun! So if you are up for it... Join me.

Parker is in a "why" phase. It is intense. "Why are we going to die?", "Why do we go to heaven?Are there toys in heaven? Why do cars have windcloppers (aka windshield wipers)? Why are we cleaning the garage? Why do we live here? Why, Why, Why." It is pretty funny and also very deep. I am thinking of keeping track of all of the questions he asks, just for a day. It is pretty amazing.

Ruby is teething and walking. She is crazy and awesome all bundled into one. And I am sad that my baby doesn't even look like a baby anymore. Why does it go so fast? I surely can't get enough of her cute curls. Too. Die. For.

Soph is a superstar kid. Lately her drawings and her book series that she is making/writing is just warming my heart. So far it's a 4 book series. The first book that she just finished was titled, "Cool You Rock". It was about queens, kings, and fishes. Simply priceless.

And I think that is all the random thoughts I have in my brain today. Perhaps there are more but I have been invited to a fashion show/play in the play room so I better go.......

14 comments:

Brianne said...

Sure am glad I just sat down at the computer. I love your "random thoughts" posts about as much as I love you.

Oh yeah, where and when do you do yoga, and can I tag along???

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

I like you.

Come ride in this event with me:
http://www.goldilocksride.com/

This is the group I am riding with and it would be a pleasure to have you along:
http://www.chicsforchange.org


I am not good at yoga but I am good at talking others into doing things I am scared of doing alone...like riding my bike.

Lauren Parker said...

i absolutely LOVED every minute of this post. yep.

Tatiana said...

Love this! I keep a little private chuckle to myself about today's finer moments in yoga. Good times. We should go on Thursday, yes? Working on getting my kneecpaps to my armpits, but my girth is in the way. Glad I have ya, little gym buddy.

heidi said...

First off, I'm impressed on your ability to strike a crow pose. Second, I'll be there at the Salem Spring Triathlon, either racing with you or cheering you on from some dutiful post - like finish line food. And let me know next time you guys have another fashion show in the playroom. I'm desperate for some new spring outfits and maybe Sophie can give me some style advice.

auntie libby said...

you forgot to mention your blue hands in your black and blue stage! wish that were not happening! speaking of yoga ... at a much younger age my body could do those things. now my stomach and butt get in the way and my legs don't bend like they once could and if they did i'm sure they would stick and never come undone! this was proven when i tried to roll around today on the floor with parker and ruby! oh my. good thing it was just parker and ruby that witnessed this site. but we sure had fun! thanks.

E.F.G. said...

1. i'm so glad you blog!
2. my eyes popped wide at the picture --i thought it was you. then i realized it wasn't you and googled the crow pose and was super impressed that you can even do that. i loved yoga (feels like a long time ago these days) and was proud of myself for a bridge and head stand.
3. happy gardening.
4. i want to read "Cool You Rock." catchy title!

Everyday Sparkles said...

You are so cute and I am getting a good laugh at what John is listening to. That's good. Tell Shane.

p.s. Many thanks for getting our mail all week.

Jenny H said...

OH, how my mom would love you. She is a major Yoga lover. As I've told you...I've yet to be won over...I just may have to try.
Can I do a tri without owning a bike?? I want in.;)Sounds like Parks is on the road to becoming his daddy btw...that's a good thing.

Adrianne said...

Gretel loves yoga too . . . am I missing something?

I love your blogs about random thoughts.

I Love You!

Becky said...

I think pulling off that Super Woman costume is an accomplishment all of its own! But I am proud of you for wanting to do things that help you connect with yourself, too!

Kysha said...

Well, I love your posts and you are awesome. I once was obsessed with yoga myself, but have let it go over the past year. It is lovely.

I heard about John's injury, those over 30 teams are dangerous! So sad. Hope he can get on the bike with you soon.

We need to get together because I have not seen your kiddos forever and I would love to read, "Cool you Rock." It looks like Ruby and Adam are sporting the same curly 'do. Perhaps it comes with the birthday? Adam keeps being mistaken for a girl, but I just refuse to cut them!

RETTJ16 said...

Sooo jealous of your spring cleaning kick! I always get in those moods and then i get right back out when no one will help me! How do i get Rett to get in the mood to help?? Yeah, you think about that and let me know!! :)

Mushie said...

LOve all of your "random Thoughts" and especially love you!!!