For your listening pleasure this Valentines day, a few of our favorite love songs.
5- Time After Time- Eva Cassidy. Skillfully combines two of my deepest "cred-busting" loves- coffee shop folk and top 40 pop music. Could be a minute or two shorter, still pretty solid.
4- I Will- The Beatles. One of my fav love songs, which isn't saying a whole lot because I don't really love a bunch of love songs. Also one of my favorite Beatles songs. Now that's saying something.
3- God Only Knows- The Beach Boys. Beautiful song and sentiment. Considered by some* to be the only thing close to "the perfect sound."
(*listen to "At That Day" by Paul Jacoben and the Madison Arm.)
2- Slow Show- The National. One of Ashley's all time favorite songs. Can't fault the girl's taste here. "you know I dreamed about you, for 29 years before I saw you."
1- The Book of Love- Magnetic Fields. Maybe John's number one pick. Peter Gabriel just released a cover which seems to be getting some play. I haven't heard it yet. Can't imagine it topping the original though.
Happy Valentine's day.
9 comments:
what a nice valentine's day gift to the world of blog readers. hope you were surrounded by love yesterday (and always).
I like the list of 5. How very Rob Gordon of you.
Best intro line ever in a love song? Via Chicago. I dreamed about killing you again last night and it felt alright to me.
Also, since God Only Knows is the pretty much the greatest song ever and it happens to be a love song, it should follow that it is also the greatest love song ever, no?
I love, love, love that National song. My favorite of all the songs/CDs I have from you. I like Ash's taste;)
PS...I like the book of love song, but that you tube movie was some weird ass crap.
Kate needs to learn the Eva Cassidy version of Time After Time, don't you think?
That was fun! Thanks for sharing.
Great so enjoyed on Valentines Day?Video are too lovely.
Domain registration india
Post a Comment