Tuesday, January 5, 2010

mexico... part 1

John and I were lucky to go to Mexico after Christmas with the group Families Helping Families. What a perfect week. We are already thinking about next year.
On the drive down we stayed in Laughlin, Nevada. A little gem of a town that sits on the Colorado stream..er river. It looked like a stream to me. But we ponied up the big bucks and John sweet talked the reservation desk and we stayed in a room on a boat. Here is John and Dan putting sunglasses on Mr. Laughlin.
The boat. And us.
The hotel in all it's glory at night.
Parker, Arizona. Yippeee.
Mariachi night. Aye, Aye, Aye, Aye.
Papa.
Learning the saw.
Soccer games every night after working on the house were the huge hit. This is the last night. I believe it was Mexico 2 USA 1 for the series.
Regina's dinner... the "mocajete"
Dinner at Flavios.
Zach and Lauren.
Mariachi band.
Emily. Isn't she adorable? Those cheeks! The kids in the neighborhood that we were working in came to hang out at the house every day. I wanted to bring them all home. They were so cute. Plus, I was missing my kids so it was nice to get little people hugs all week.
The house in progress.
Building a wall with my hubby. It was soooo fun to spend so much time with him!
Juan. I loved him. He was my favorite. He worked all day long on the house. Or would take our wood scraps and build things out of them. He was a.dor.a.ble.
Me and A.
All the cute little girls. Dulce, Natalie, Emily and Fanny. Too cute.
This is the beautiful lady who we built the house for. Her name is Paulina. She was so grateful and beautiful. It was such a wonderful experience to help her. These families work so hard to qualify for these homes and it is wonderful to be able to help them.
The Parker/Buxton/Jacobsen/Murdock/Connors crew
such fun people.... :)

Oh yah, the condo too.
What a perfect week.

6 comments:

Everyday Sparkles said...

What a beautiful thing you have done. I'm speechless.

Jenny H said...

Good People.
I want to be there right now! I would love to be able to go sometime. What a great experience.
What a hot looking couple you are btw...

Mama T said...

Ash, your pictures are so cute. Looking at them made me realize that when we went to work on the other house, we really got separated from our favorite people on earth...The Parker's!!! We love you and enjoyed our time together!

Melissa and Trevor said...

looks like lots of hard work and sweat, but good relaxing!

Crazy Lifferths said...

Wow! I love that you guys got to do that, and I am jealous! What an awesome experience. And Laughlin, oh my heart swells for that place! We went there EVERY spring break growing up to boat on the lake, AND we ALWAYS stayed at the Colorado Belle! You just brought back SO many memories!!

Amy said...

I love all the pictures. You look fabulous!! How nice to be able to spend so much time with your hubby and with family. (minus children so you can actually talk and enjoy yourself :) ).