
Parker started preschool. I know I am like every other mother, being amazed at how fast our little ones grow up. It felt totally natural for me to send Sophie to Kindergarten. She is so ready, so excited, so thrives in that environment. Parks for me is a different story. He was excited, but super nervous. I will be the first to say that five hours a week without Parker seems heavenly and cheaper ( ie. every trip to the store will no longer result in a bribe. ) but as I dropped him off and watched him hesitantly sit at the table playing with play dough I had to will myself to leave. And yes, I cried all the way to the car. I think it even surprised him how much he loved it though! Ruby had her 9 month check up today. Lots of shots, and lots of sad tears. She is healthy and cute and so fun. She is crawling everywhere, getting into everything, pulling herself to stand and loving the freedom that comes with age. I am cleaning my floors more, lots more. Today after the doctor was rough for her. She missed her morning nap due to the appt. and hasn't really wanted to eat because she is getting some teeth and it was like the perfect storm. She just barely decided that I probably wasn't coming back to get her out of bed. Now she's snoozin'. Poor little thing. *
I picked up Sophie from school today, and so far the trend has been that she is so excited and happy and wants to tell me all about school. Today she saw me, and as soon as she ran to me I saw the bravery leave her big eyes and they just filled with tears. " I asked my new friend to play at recess, and she told me no. It was a hard day, Mom." It just about broke my heart. After a short pep talk, a few ideas for recess tomorrow, waffles with whipped cream and berries for lunch all is well again.
My neighbor gave me a quote printed on this tile thing for my birthday a few years ago. I love what it says.
" It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -e.e. Cummings
Unfortunately it also takes some bumps and bruises, some time to grow alone without Mom right there and some hard days to become the people we want to be. I suppose this applies directly to me as well. I love you three little peanuts, keep your heads up!
*official Ruby stats and cute 9 month picture to come !
12 comments:
Oh Ash...my heart is broken for you and cute Sophie. Those days are hardest for us - those "reality is not always fun" days. You should be so proud you are raising kind kids; kids who want to ask other kids to play, rather than make fun of them.
I have to take Deak to school Monday and am not sure I am going to survive...
Such cute kids! It is so hard to not be able to be right there for your kids when they need you and to watch over everything they do - and at the same time it is so nice to have some time without them!! Also, I hate taking kids to the doctor and making them cry and then they are not themselves for a few days because of the shots. It's such a bummer!
Love your thoughts! I can relate to every word. You are doing such an incredible job with your babes. I love them, love you too!
How cute are those kiddos. Tell Sophie to hang in there. One year Jonny couldn't find anyone to play with at recess for weeks. It broke my heart. He ended up playing military by himself and pacing back and forth in front of the door. Funny now, but sad then. They grow up too fast.
Ashley!
Lovely post. I read somewhere that having kids is like letting your heart walk outside your body. They are so fragile and resilient at the same time.
Love the fact that you made waffles with whip cream. Waffles and whip cream could be just what we all need to achieve world peace.
Happy School Year Sophie and Parker!
Wise mom thoughts Ashley. I think we can all relate. :)
Parker is so grown up, what a cutie, and your girls as always are beautiful!
I was sad too for Lily to do preschool - but the time is so nice.
And how could someone not want to play with Soph??!! I'm a lot older and I want to hang with her! They must have just been intimidated by her awesomeness.
You are such a good Mom Ash.
I'm feeling those growing pains this year too. My kids are getting huge and I don't have any more babies. I guess I'll have to come and hold yours.
So excited to see miss Sophie at dancing tomorrow. I think she is a great friend and I sure love her. Growing up sucks sometimes.....I was just recently thinking that myself.
PS...Parker is too cute! I think I have a crush on him!
I hear your voice in my head when I read your blog. You are such a cute and sweet mom. Love you!
What a great quote. For all of us! Your kids couldn't be more darling. Oh what these kids have to look forward to in the "rough days" department! Glad they have such a good mommy like you!
xoxo.
Post a Comment