Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dear... Part II

Dear Chuck,
You are my favorite new t.v. show. I love Mondays now.

Dear Quickly Approaching Holiday Season,
I really like you and your music and all that you entail. I don't mind that you are around the corner.

Dear Little Baby,
I am so excited to meet you and put a face to all your squirminess.

Dear Good Friends,
Thanks for last night. It was so fun to see you. I felt 19 again...

Dear America,
I am proud of this historic moment, and now I think it is time to unite and be nice to each other again.

Dear Pre-Pregnancy Body...nope... Dear Pre-Wedding Body,
Please come back one day. Please. Pretty Please. I know you are somewhere underneath all this.

Dear Hubby,
I really like you.

Dear Dinner,
Can you consider fixing yourself?

Dear "To Do List",
I'll get to you I promise. It's just that sometimes all these other things are just more fun to do.

Dear Fingerprints and Messes,
I have been told I will miss you one day. I can't fathom that... but I surely like those little hands that are responsible.

Dear Loved Ones and Plethora of Friends,
Blame the hormones if you must... but thanks for making our life richer. Just feeling particulary sappy today and figured you should all know that I appreciate each one of you. Really.

25 comments:

john said...

I like you too.

Everyday Sparkles said...

Dear Ashley,

I like everything about you. Happy to be your friend. Can't wait to meet the baby too.

john said...

hey, you'll probably check this. My phone died. Be home at 8:30. Word.

Bkay said...

Dear Ash, I love you. I am so excited for your little baby, you know, the one who will add to the fingerprints in the house! I also like that John knows that you will check your blog so he can leave you a message there...that is classic!

lbb said...

cute blog post, ash. i love soph's dorothy costume! i agree on the fingerprints and such. oh, and thanks for the CHUCK recommendation...needing a new show.
p.s. you are beautiful pre&post wedd!

coriconnors said...

Shley-
You are beautiful inside and out. Extra beutiful inside these days. Soon to come out.
Love you!

Brianne said...

Dear Ash...thanks for being so creative, I love these posts. But no thanks for going to St. George the other weekend, we wanted you guys to go bowling with us. How bout next weekend?

Becky said...

I love this style of post! It is so real and I can relate so well to it! You are too cute!

Kysha said...

Thanks Ashley, you're wonderful. Thanks for inspiring me to like the fingerprints and say "no" to my to-do list today.

sterlingandbrandi said...

I'm so glad you like Chuck! It is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. I just love Charles Carmichael... And you make such cute babies, I can't wait to see the new one too! We are going to Monroe for Thanksgiving, but if you have the baby then, maybe we can come up and see you guys!

sterlingandbrandi said...

that just sounded like I thought you and Chuck make cute babies... I didn't mean it like that!

Jenny H said...

I love your "Dear" posts so much. I feel like you saw into my head with quite a few of those! You have that "Plethora" of friends and loved ones because you and John are great friends and great people. Those things don't just happen by themselves....
(PS - 2/3 weeks till baby?) Can I be on the short list of people who get to cradle that girl? That would make my day.
And...sorry to you now for the longest comment ever.

Jenny H said...

And PS - in reference to your comment; you can NEVER drink too much Diet Coke.:)

Adrianne said...

i love you too! and maybe one day you will say Dear p90x you are kicking my trash and I am loving it!!

Becky said...

Cute post! I am so excited for your new baby. Does sh have a name yet? Good luck with everything

Jill T said...

Dear Ashley,

Your blog is very entertaining and I keep coming back for more.

Thanks for making me laugh.

love jill

Tia said...

Ashley...I love reading these. You always have your priorities straight and it's such a good reminder :)

Crazy Lifferths said...

You crack me up! I like these posts that you do, I might have to copy! We are leaving around Christmas, just in time to get enough snow for our liking and be out of here!! hehe..jk...we will miss everyone so bad!

Courtney said...

Dear Ashley,
I love you...I am excited to meet your little one too!
I love being your sister and friend.

Kerstin said...

Yes I loved feelin 19 too- thanks for taking part with me.

Liz said...

I can't believe your baby is coming in less than a month! Do you have a name? Wow how time flies. I love this post! Might have to copy it, but it won't be as cute.

kate said...

If you find your pre-wedding body, can you ask it if it's seen mine? That said, your looking pretty great in that family picture, so I'm sure you'll be fine...just maybe avoid Heidi a bit...her post-baby- and Gwenyth Paltrowness- can be a little rough on the self-esteem.

Good luck getting through these last weeks!

kate said...

oops..."your" should be "you're." Guess who isn't an English teacher anymore? Yikes.

KRISTIN BELL said...

I am truly jealous of your cuteness ;) Looking forward to some day when we get to hang out!

E.F.G. said...

i've been hearing a lot about this chuck...and now on your reliable endorsement (and brandi's!), i may check it out.

we can't wait to be out for the holidays and meet your adorable #3!

and is this a record on comments? 24...jeeze!