What we are unsatisfied with:
1.Parker: sleeping in his bed. ( Mind you it only took one hour (so far!) tonight so we are praying that tonight will be better.)
2. Sophie : sharing her sandbox- so she made her own personal one.
3. John: the amount of yard dedicated to our garden. So today he doubled the size. I am excited. This means squash and zuchinni! (thank you erica for the good book recomendation... he took it to heart.)
4. This mouse: the outside world. So for the past two days it has been running wild in my house, across my floors, under my washer, UP my drapes. SICK! Even if it looks cute in this picture. It should help itself into the trap ASAP or I am going to go crazy. 5. Me : the amount of sleep I have been getting due to number 1 and number 4 on this list.
Lest we sound ungrateful, these are the ONLY areas of our lives that we are currently unsatisfied with.
( though my car does leave a little to be desired... :) )
22 comments:
mark my words, when mousey dies you will be sad, and I will look like a murderer. That little guys tenactity has inspired me.
In fact, he reminds me alot of Parker. and I know you don't want parker to get caught in a little boy trap.
just saying, it's going to be harder than you think.
I don't know if it will scare you more, but when we had mice, we heard the trap snap and Ster went out in the kitchen to find the trap sprung, no animal, and tons of blood. But with no trail away! We never got an answer to the mystery. I sympathize with you, rodents in the house: the worst. (and no sleep really sucks too.)
eew. that comparison of Parker and the mouse made me feel really bad about the story I just shared.
So that mouse pic is so hilarious to me. Ash, we've discussed the level of distain you have for this little guy and we've anticipated his speedy capture. With that said, I will pray for him to go quickly into the night. He is really handsome.
There is a good back-story that should be told explaining why he is just cooperatively posing there for his own "wanted" poster and not having his little neck snapped instead.
Oops, disdain.
i will not be sad. will not. will not. will not. i will actually sleep and not fear he is crawling in my bed with me....... and actually i would like parker to get caught in a sleep trap. :)
ps- we took that picture through our glass doors out into the playroom. he was staring at us. just mocking us that we cant catch him. ahhhhhhhhhh.
wow! Sounds a little like my week! Although I don't have any children or any mice...that I konw of! I love you. Hope you have a better day, and week!
If you want to feel better about your problems, just come over to my house. We have gotten ourselves in one GIGANTIC mess trying to pack. Not only are we are up till the wee hours of the night packing, when I finally go to bed I can't sleep just thinking what is in store for tomorrow and the next day, and the next day, and the next day... It would be a lot easier if this wasn't the move in between the real move...AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
But when it is all done we need to go out minus the kids. I talked to Tia and they are in. Maybe 2 weekends from now???
Ash I would be happy to come watch the kids any Friday(Which is always my day off)and let you take a nap. Now I know that doesn't really help you for 5 more days, but know it's an option. Sorry about Parker... maybe you should start tieing him to his bed. Child abuse, I think not.
And exciting about your garden! As for the mouse, maybe you should get a cat. That's my only advice for you.
Oh man...I am feeling for you right now!! Life without sleep is pure misery. And then when you throw a mouse into the mix....that alone would drive me insane. Hope things are looking up. Go get yourself a nice big D.C. from McDonald's. You deserve it.
I too am unsatisfied that you leave so far away and that we never get real time to chat- yes John even if we have 15 conversations during the day they are all interrupted by mice and small children! Solution you need a bigger trap both for the mouse and the boy- you could always put the crib up- just as a threat and I think he would catch on quick! love you!
Hillarious! but sad! I hope you get the mouse soon! They are nasty! Except that one really isn't as gross looking as some other mice. I like Sophie's sandbox she made, so cute! Hopefully Parker will start sleeping in his big boy bed and you can have a good week of sleep this week.
I so feel your pain in the sleep department. It must be the age or something. Let's trap both the boys and let them have a sleep contest!!
I am a killer of mice. It does not make me sad, it liberates me. I felt bad and thought I could live with them in the basement but the last straw was when we heard noise in the night and found Fievel dragging a cookie across the kitchen counter. I scrubbed and scrubbed and I still worry a little about residual germs. Checking the traps became satisfying in a very morbid way.
No more mice. Word spread, they packed their suitcases and moved North.
Oh, Ashley! What is worse than no sleep and mice? It is hard for me to believe that something so cute could be so bad--Parker I mean, not the mouse. Hopefully, you will soon look back on this post and laugh. That mouse! The nerve!! To be taunting you like that, even letting you take his picture! Those mice are smarter than you think. Once when we lived in what we called the "mouse house" Casey built what he called the "Great Wall of China" with traps and sticky pads, in an area of the house we knew they were entering. It didn't work. Good luck.
MOUSEY IS DEAD!!!!
At least the Mouse is DEAD! Now you only have 3 things to be unsatisfied about! I'm not even going to tell you how many are on my list!
While I'm glad the mouse is gone, he did look like a cute litte guy. I guess I can cancel the large fence I had on order.
I'm glad to see that #4 is gone from the list. Hopefully you are getting a little more sleep. I feel your pain about the car. I almost punched in the glass of my car one day trying to get a naughty 3 year old, groceries, and my 9 month pregnant self all in the car during a wind storm. But then again, would the Connors be the same without the Corolla? When it does go, I will miss it.
When I first saw the title of this post I thought that it would be about a male enhancement drug for John?
I have only met Travis and Heidi a few times, and I have to say, just judging from the comments, I really wish we had hung out with them all the time! They are so funny!
Well you can always ship your kids out to Missouri and we'll show them a grand time...and check them for ticks every night! You'd get plenty of sleep that way.
We'd even put Parker in Anna's crib and force him to stay in bed cuz we're lazy that way. Timo didn't sleep in a big boy bed til he was 3 and sometimes we wish we could put him back in the crib. :)
Glad you got the mouse. Here in MO it's frogs...ribbit.
And how ingenius is Sophie!!!! So creative and clever. Just like her mom & dad. We miss you guys! Love you.
Post a Comment