Monday, April 7, 2008

"You don't need a weather man...

...to know which way the wind blows."



Congrats Bob, the first rock and roll man to be awarded the Pulitzer Prize for music. He recieved the honor today in New York.

7 comments:

Tyler and Stacy: said...

I read about this yesterday and did, in fact, think of you. That is of course after I thought about Brian Gray first! I can still picture you sniffing the cassette tapes he gave you.

john said...

Wow, great memory...odd word choice.
the verb "sniffing" makes me seem really strange. Maybe even stranger than I really was, which was pretty freakin' strange.
how about "smelling?"
really any other verb.

john said...

those cassettes did have a very distinct smell though. kind of a cigerette/coffee/inscene/that peachy lotion that Julie used to wear mix. You could smell the effort. Like the tape had been sitting in the deck for days.
It used to be so much more work to make a mix tape. I think he was pulling most of those songs from vinyl records. Rob Burton (Cusack's character in High Fidelity) would have been proud of the effort.
That guy was a missionary of sweet music.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

I actually thought about what verb to use there, and sniffing was the most appropriate. It was beyond just smelling. There was a deep inhale going on there.

Treidi said...

did you shave your beard to take these photos?

sterlingandbrandi said...

I must say we are impressed by your commitment to the joke. All the time put in to making the signs, shaving, and putting on a sport coat, and we all know with your obsessive compulsive tendancies it was like an America's Top Model photo shoot to get the right pose. All in all "B+" on the post solid "A" on the commitment.

john said...

that's how dedicated I am to entertaining you, sessions.
As suggested, only moments before this post I was fully bearded and totally nude. It was quite a process, the shaving, dressing, posing, writing. But that's what great art is...a process.
Everyone has their method. For me- I like to take the picture first, then type.
My motto is, "pose, then compose." I thank you for you favorable grades and will aim to raise that B+ to an A- sometime in the future.