Friday, April 11, 2008

Three Good Things

My friend/roommate in college used to name her three good things about each day. She would do this every night. ( I bet she still does- I will have to ask her.) John and I try to do it when we remember. It is a fun way to focus on the good parts of the day. I already have my three for today...

1. Last night Parker decided that he should sleep in his bed instead of the crib. I went with it. He did it. And he even napped there today. I think he grew up today. Kind of bittersweet.
2. Sophie was a princess today. She got all dressed up in this big white dress, did her own hair with a headband on top, and acted like a princess all day. She even let Parker be her prince and tried to teach him how to dance. I got to be her royal cook!
3. The salmon tacos I made for lunch. It always seems that some food item I had that day works itself into my three good things. Oh well. They were divine and they made luch feel out of the ordinary.
Three good things indeed.

17 comments:

Everyday Sparkles said...

Ashley,

What cute photos. I noticed that Parker the other day looked like a big boy. He's growing up. We need to figure out a way to stop this. -Jeni

auntie libby said...

two of your best things are two of my very best things!!!! guess which ones. love those kids. miss them too. gram and i are in sunny california - 87 degrees. big hugs and kisses to you all.

Tatiana said...

Ahhh, pictures of sleeping babies. What could be sweeter? A forever fav of mine.

Courtney said...

Those salmon tacos looked heavenly! And I love the pictures of Parker and Sophie! I can't believe how big they are getting!

RETTJ16 said...

Your kids are so cute...and those tacos don't look bad either!!:)
-jill

john said...

sophie looks like she's up to some sort of mischief.

sterlingandbrandi said...

I am impressed with your lunch. My sheer laziness always overcomes me and I just scrounge around something. I only make an actual meal if someone else will be eating it. I should'nt be surprised considering your culinary prowess.

E.F.G. said...

ditto to all the above--except being in sunny california and especially the wow to you making LUNCH. and something so amazing! i am way impressed...and jason is probably jealous.

Heidi Louise said...

I think those should be three AMAZING things. I don't think getting a child to sleep in their own bed sounds very easy, how nice not to have to get Sophie dressed, and good food is always a plus!

Heidi Louise said...

Oh and John... if Sophie looks like she is up to some sort of mischief, she probably is, and it's probably because she is a product of you. Sorry... truth hurts! LOL

Jenny H said...

I want to try this...Somedays, I need to try harder to focus on the three good things. I love that picture of Sophie!!1

Julie said...

Hey Ashley! I found your blog when I was looking at Tias! I'm sad I missed last Wednesday for our dinner. But I am excited for our next book! Hey I think we will be staying this next coming year so if you still need help in August at the studio just let me know!! Take Care!

Tia said...

You are such a cute mom...which certainly shows in your sweet kids. I,too, am impressed with the salmon tacos. You should win some kind of award if that's the kind of thing you are whipping up for lunch.

Coleen said...

Ashley:

I try and pretend that you guys only cook great things during beach week. I really think that I would end up living with you or your Mom because you guys cook yummy things all the time.

It's Been a Day! said...

In a big boy bed! That's a huge milestone - at least it was for my son. Let's be honest, if food wasn't a part of the top 3 best things of the day, it wasn't that great of a day!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

A funny thing...when I found out you had a blog I put a link right into mine that says: John and Ash "of John and Ash" and then I saw on your blog that you had us listed in a similar fashion. It made me smile a little bit. I think your family is cute!

Neena said...

Okay I need that recipe!!! I finally found your blog and love it except the mouse part. Mice freak me out and the fact that you have a picture of hime gives me the weavy jeavies!!!
Love ya Neena