Saturday, March 5, 2011

seven is heaven

Sophie turned seven last month and I am just really, really enjoying her. She is such a good kid. It is so weird to me that my first little baby is now that old. Sheesh. I get extremely sentimental every year on her birthday when I think about how that little girl with the biggest brown eyes I'd even seen on a baby, made her dramatic entrance into the world. I just love the darling, grown up girl she is becoming.

This year has for sure been an adjustment for our little family around here. Not a day goes by that there isn't a lot of chaos, scheduling, scrambling, and screaming (thank you Ruby). Sophie has weathered it all so well. She is so willing to help with Parker and Ruby and is such a kind, good sibling. She is such a beautiful peace maker.  It has been so fun to watch her learn and grow so much this year. She loves to read and man, she reads like a champ! It makes a mama proud.

Last night John and I took her on a date to get frozen yogurt and to get new shoes. We laughed and laughed. It was so fun to be with just her. I love her spunk, and yet she has the most tender heart. I am so excited to watch this little one continue to grow up. What a pleasure it is to be her mom.


8 comments:

Mushie said...

Sophie what a darling....WE love you all!

Lauren Parker said...

I love my little soph:)

Jenny H said...

She is a beauty...in all ways. We are lucky to know her.

Everyday Sparkles said...

Happy birthday Sophie! You are a doll and we love you!

Annalysha said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! I can't believe you are that old! Love you adn your Mamma so much! Love Annie

sterlingandbrandi said...

Aawww, we love that Soph! How has she gotten so big??

coriconnors said...

There will come a time, all too soon, when we think 7 is so young. But for now she is mature and helpful and interesting and funny and full of unusual understanding for one so ...young. I cherish her!

williamsfam5 said...

What a wonderful lady! But, that's what you get with her gene pool.