i have no reason for posting tonight. call it classic "avoidance behavior". what i need to do is finish putting grades together for parent teacher conferences next week. i also have a meeting with the principal tomorrow to pass off stuff from my year. perhaps i should gather that stuff. oh ya, and the laundry. always the laundry.
instead i just ate three delicious chocolate chip cookies, and read a couple blogs. i wish someone else hid the cookies in the cookie jar besides me. i know they are in there. and i can't help it. they are so so good.
i just can't believe it is the end of march already. really, where has this year gone? hands down, its been a tough year in my little world. busy, busy, busy. lots of adjusting to new normals. but good too. i looked at my little 4th graders today and i got a bit sad that i have to say goodbye to them in a few months. they are cute little souls.
don't get me wrong. i am also so excited to have summertime. flip flops, the pool, my kids all the time. ya know. its all bittersweet.
lately i just feel really grateful for all the good people that surround me. grateful for the good family that i have, and their willingness to help with everything. so humbling. we are so lucky. and grateful for my friends. there are so many that i wish i saw or talked to more. i need to make more time in my life for that.
we have powered through season 1 and season 2 of friday night lights. love. i told john we can't start season three until after my test. i have to devote all of april to studying. but after april 30 i will welcome tim riggins, coach, his cute wife, lyla gheritty and the crew back into my life again. im currently trying to decide if FNL trumps the OC in my favs or not. TBD. maybe we can watch all the rest of the seasons when school gets out. hmmm. that will be fun.
my mom called tonight to get my garlic turkey burger recipe. its been on my mind ever since. time to start grilling. the sun was shining today and whooooo weeee, it is nice. i love me some spring. i cant wait for the blossoms to come out. my favorite time of year for sure.
sky high is on the disney channel right now. mercy, i cant pass up a really awesome disney channel original movie. they are so delightful. soooooo delightful indeed. this one especially is not to be missed. a topic for another day. another entire post.
well, that is a lot of random thoughts for the night. perhaps i will go eat another cookie while i get to work.

8 comments:
I need this garlic turkey burger recipe. We shall make it this summer. You know, in about 5 months.
well i just adore random thoughts, esp from your cute little brain of yours!
i can't believe all you have done this year. man i thought i had a "pit" when i got the kids to bed and sat down to bills, primary, etc. i don't know how you've done it!"avoidance behavior" in the form of cookies and blogs are my drug of choice, too. i love you and love FNL...need to rent the seasons, tho.
oh and post that recipe one day. you parker gals sure know your cookin' stuff. mmm...
Avoidance behavior rocks-it is a staple in my life. Perhaps that's why I'm four months backlogged on my reports at work...oh well.
Oh, and Summer, Summer, Summer, Summer....dreaming of Summer...
love it.
I had that same feeling this week with the class. Funny how they just become a part of you, each one. I too am avoiding, big time. I Need to type up those goals asap. Can't wait to go to the pool with you this summer. Needing a cookie.
I'm laughing so hard because sometimes I forget how similar we are. I have also loved FNL and I am still waiting for the final season which I'm not even sure when they will air it. I love your thoughts and I can't wait until we get together again.
OK, I spent something like 30 hours in your house last week and 8hours there today and I DID NOT KNOW you had cookies hidden somewhere!!!! :)
Creative too! You are an amazing person, friend, mom, teacher, woman, mother, sister, blah blah blah. The list continues. I loved reading this blog. It's life! Everyone's life is a story and you just know how to tell it better than most. I loved reading this post. It just made me happy knowing there are creative people out there who know how to tell others about their normal every day lives in a creative way. I'm jealous, but in a good way. Thanks for sharing and letting us all be part of your life! Good luck with the new normal and the test!
Ash, as a fan of both the OC and FNL (this is Tyler, btw), I predict that when it's all said and done FNL will easily move past the OC on your list. I love Seth, Summer, and especially Julie Cooper-Nichol-Roberts-Atwood (and I even watch that horrible Nikita show sometimes just to see her!), but there's just no comparison.
Also, I bring good news that season 2 is by far the low point of FNL -- so if you liked that one, things are only going to get better. Season 3 (my favorite), 4 and 5 pull the standard back up to where it was during season 1.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
Post a Comment