Grateful I have a warm house that is full.
Grateful for funny, good kids.
Grateful for generous friends, neighbors and ward members that helped warm and feed some refugee families.
Grateful for full bellies.
Grateful for the presents that are hidden in my closet that I get to wrap up for my kids.
Grateful for our families.
Grateful for friends visiting.
Grateful for moments that remind you just how much you really have.
Grateful for all of you.
I helped my mom a little bit with some service projects for some refugee families from Burma. My ward rallied big time and it was amazing. I dropped all the stuff off to the branch president's house last week. I put it in a big white van with Parker's help and we drove away.
Today one of the service missionaries called my mom and invited us to the Burmese Branch Christmas Party. I took my kids and we got to watch these beautiful kids act out the nativity, sing songs and be so excited over the small gifts they received. The pleasure and the gift of being there was all ours.
It was the perfect way to spend today.
5 comments:
glad that your day ended on such a positive note!
Love you! Can't wait to hang out!!
Amen, Ash! I'm glad that you have done things that will focus on the good feelings of Christmas rather than the stress. I need to do that more too. So, in no way are you bah-humbug! And, as for the neck-and nog, why do you have to host every year anyway? We should work something out. I've always admired your perfect priorities. Love you!
I echo Kysha. Perfect Priorities.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
What is the neck n' nog? Sounds a little kinky if you ask me! :)
I am secretly glad the neck'n'nog didn't happen because I'm not there. I know, I have a small mean little soul. But it is what it is. Merry Christmas. I miss you guys and your adorable kids. I love the nativity scene. So so so cute.
Post a Comment