I like Christmas lights. I wish they were on year round, and that it wouldn't be tacky. I just like them.
I also really like gingerbread boys. Adrianne made some today and invited us up to decorate them. The second time around they were delicious and I think I ate ten. Yum.
I am feeling super duper nostalgic about life lately. How on earth does Ruby turn one in less than a week? As crazy and insane as the days feel, I would love to just slow down time, just to soak it all in more.
As a side note to that.. the past year has been a complete blur. Okay, maybe I don't want to slow down time more. The days are long enough. I should just enjoy it more along the way.
We are finally addressing the bathroom remodel downstairs and Sophie's room just got some new spiffy bead board to replace the original bead board in that room. John is a super star and tool belts are kinda sexy.
I got together with my "teacher friends" this past week. I just CANNOT believe the luck that we had teaching together at the same time and at the same school. I love those ladies...
I am sad that Parker's imaginary friends (Marco, Frank and Ronnie Reynolds) don't get discussed much any more. I try to ask Parker about them and their pet deer, but it's like they are just not that cool anymore. It was so awesome when they were part of our everyday lives. RIP Marco, Frank and Ronnie Reynolds... I hope you come back. ( p.s. how awesome are those names?)
Off to get the tree tomorrow. We have a favorite lot. We have a favorite kind of tree. The kids are stoked (mixed with a little bit of anger because they were told by us genius parents that we would get it on Thursday and again tonight.. so if it doesn't happen tomorrow Sophie may never forgive us.)
Happy holidays. Hope they are off to the perfect start.
14 comments:
That was a fun read. Love your thoughts. Love the new background. It's sassy. Good luck finding a perfect tree. Little helped me put on the ornaments today- all on one limb. It's awesome.
fyi - love you!
I love you! We need to get together soon!
i am with with you on the tool belt thing. and seriously our babies are almost one? crazy i can't wait to come and enjoy christmas with you guys!!!! i love it, even when you have bloggers block you are entertaining!
I really like reading your random thoughts. I have been MUCH of a blogger-slacker lately too. Your kids are cuties. I was very impressed with Sophie at Cori's concert. She was so cool on-the-spot. Why did I not see you? I passed John in the aisle. LAME. Casey came down with strep throat later that night---so maybe no interaction was actually a good thing--for you guys. Hope to see you guys soon.
Do our babies really have to turn one? It's not even bitter-sweet for me--it's just bitter!?
Ash,
I have been thinking so much lately how precious time in general time is. I want more. And, I feel so guilty that I'm not enjoying and remembering more of it. That is one of my new goals.
And...I'm glad I'm not the only parent who sends their child to bed with unfufilled promises looming...hehehe....
I have to say, I really enjoy your "bloggers block". You should have it more often.
And seriously about the husband and mid prayer thing...if only I could do the same.
I love you! I miss you. And one day Parker will talk about Ronnie Reynolds and friends again... I had a whole imaginary family that lived in the basement (the Cheeney's). See you in 19 days!
I must pop over and see Sophie's new room and your tree. You have been busy over there.
p.s. I love your festive blog look.
p.s.s. I also love what you are doing to help the people from Burma. Wonderful. I'll be bringing by some things.
I am feeling nostalgic for you. . .seriously Ruby will be 1? I love and miss you!
Whoopsie it is me Kerstin who just left a comment. . .it would be kind of awkward if it were Wade.
Your blogs are always fun to read-no matter what they are about. But I agree, there are some days where I think, I should blog about that, and then nothing comes when i sit down to actually type something. I had so much fun seeing you. The time always flies and I wish we could all hang out for hours more. Hope you have a great xmas! Love ya
I'm sure you've got your tree up by now and it is fablulous like everything you do. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have the magic touch!
love your thougts, love the old people pics (but seriously, an old person party at 30!) love the super hero family halloween!
Happy Holidays!
Ash
The house looks perfect...Sophie's room is darling! Parker is the cutest little man ever! And Ruby and her Ruby slippers is the sweetest one year old ever!
Love you all!
Post a Comment