My super hip and hot friend Sunny turns thirty this very day. In her honor her new hubby threw her a surprise "old person" party. In my younger years I would do anything and find any reason to dress up. I had a hot pink pair of spandex that were quite often in the rotation. Call me lazy, or old, or busy or just too tired... but I haven't dressed up in forever. I think this weekend with Halloween and this party is putting me back in my groove. Watch out folks...
Kerstin, Shannon, Sunny and I as old ladies.

Kerstin and I.
Needless to say I was giddy (still am) when John brought me home a signed Say Hi LP that says, "I love Ashley". John swears he didn't tell him to write that. Either way, I'll take it.
I'm sure that one day John and I really will get old, and our fat suits won't be fake and we will still be sitting around listening to records, sipping diet cokes out of goblets. Not a bad way to grow old. In fact, I think it sounds heavenly.
13 comments:
I love this!! I love the idea, the costumes, adorably ancient Soph! And Say Hi. By the way, the kids (and mummy and daddy) looked so cute in their costumes! I wish I could have gone to the concert here too - but it was on Sunday.
ok I am sooooo jealous, what a fun party! you guys are great.....that pic of the girls brought back memories of 303 days! love you guys
You are one hot old lady, and one hot superwoman. You are just hot.
I love you too...
And, I think I need that Cd. If you AND John like it, it must be good.;)
I love your perspective! It reminds me of Adam Sandler's song "Grow Old With You." And what I love most is that I can totally see you doing it!
How funny! The cutest old ladies you girls are. Your skin looks amazing and so young. I must know your secret.
p.s. What a nice surprise from John. Very cool.
"growing old watching silver turn to to gold". . . . you make a great old lady.
For the record, 30 should not be any sort of playing field for "getting old jokes."
I love, love, love you in that sassy silver wig. Let's keep that shot on file for reference when you are about 79. It will still be a good, classic look for you.
John is the best for thinking of you. Boy, does he love you!
Okay so I LOVE you guys. You're TOO cool to have 3 kids. I need to step up that excitement in my life!
I love the dress-ups and the roller skating and all. You are a party animal! Darling as ever, too.
Little Sofs is a total clone of you!
I, too, am glad AT LEAST that we can blog friends, if not fu-real friends for now.
xoxo. boyer
ok...from one who is old and fat...it ain't as bad as it looks! honest.
heavenly as long as i am there... right?
adi
I love your outfit and your halloween outfit was just as fabulous! Where did all this energy come from? Maybe I will be so inspired next halloween because I can't remember the last time I dressed up. That is sad. I just think you are so very hip :)
those were some pretty cute "old ladies"
Thanks for a good laugh!!!!
Jesse McCartney was all you needed to say in this post Ash... This is why we are such good friends!
Post a Comment