May was crazy. And not in a TLC "crazy,sexy,cool" kind of way (man- i loved TLC) but in a crazy "I didn't sleep, didn't do laundry, didn't clean, didn't cook, ignored my family, tried to function anyway" kind of May. Reason being... dance recital, and all the other stuff that comes with May. My two sisters and I own a dance studio, and the recital was all consuming. Good news though is that it happened,it's over, and it went really well. And to my mother's sheer delight... we all still like each other. The other good news is- Sophie did really well. I have no pictures to prove that she was there. Juggling being the supportive mother and the dance studio owner equals no pictures. We do have cute video that if I could figure out how to load it in the future it just might appear. Other things of note that happened in May:
Parker joined the neighborhood Scooter gang:

Sophie, Parks, John and Gumpa went to a Bee's Game:
Parker also joined the neighborhood ride your own tractor gang:
Sophie graduated from Preschool:
Parker got a crazy case of hives that wouldn't go away, which triggered some serious asthma which led to us going to the doctor 4 times in one week.
Let's see.. what am I missing? I dusted off the old road bike and have squeezed in a few rides. My favorite being a 25 miler with John on Memorial Day. I even snuck away to Park City for 24 hours with some college roomies and ate good food, laughed, and talked. We ripped out half of our garden in our front yard to redo. It is still ripped up. Our veggies are growing like crazy and we actually ate steamed broccoli out of our own garden the other day. Ruby is growing and growing teeth which makes her soooo sad, but she is dang cute. We started season 1 of Pushing Daisies. So far we love it.I think that shall do for now. No need to bore you all. Here is to June being full of warm summer days, playing with my kids and catching up on all the stuff I ignored in May.
17 comments:
I'm glad things seem to be slowing down for you. You looked very pretty last night-the working out is working! Going to send out a email for a splash park day with all of our kids...I will let you know.
how do you already have veggies in your garden? i swear i stink at things like this. loved the getaway- thanks for making time for us- loved every minute!
I LOVE PUSHING DAISIES. so clever so smart. just made me mad that they had to recap the rules EVERY episode. can i please have chuck's wardrobe?
I more than like you! I love you! Thanks for a great May!! (crazy, but overall pretty damn good!)
Sounds like I need to come up there and eat some broccoli with you. Yum. Or maybe a bike ride. I'm glad all the dance studio stuff went well. We missed you guys at Salem this year, but you were there in spirit. I lived my dream of being a DJ, and half the play list was Connors music, infused with the occasional Mos Def or 80's band.
Love that you are back in business! I've missed you. Well done with the juggling act of May. As for your front yard, it looks so fab! When I saw that Krista was helping to prune the shrubs, I dreamt that night that each plant in your front yard was sheared into all sorts of animals and objects, a la Edward Scissorhands.
Happy to have you back! Boy, is Sophie the cutest graduate! Makes me teary.
Poor Parker's hives. That's no fun. Good thing he's got the scooter and tractor to distract him. He is such a happy laid back kid. He's John only smaller.
And as for Ruby . . . she's due a few fussy days. She is pure perfection that girl.
Love you guys!
Thanks for the update! That picture of Parker with hives makes me so sad. Hope June brings you relaxation and fun.
2nd try... for my girl Left Eye... I was the blonde one and I cannot remember her name. You are sexy and cool... and yahoo that it is June. May was crazy for me too! I love you all and miss you tons! Don't go chasing waterfalls...
Seriously...what is the deal with May? It was nuts here as well, and has seemed to spill some into June. I am looking forward to some calm...
And - HELLO!!! 25 mile bike ride? Awesome. Blair and I want bikes; but, to be completely honest I haven't ridden one since probably my Sophmore year of High School. I think I might die if I tried now that I am old.
Movie and yummy food very soon please.
oh yeah i forgot about the recital! i thought maybe i had offended you in some way. poor litte parker! i really need to hold ruby! sopie and parker look so old! I miss you guys! hope things calm down soon! love you
May was rough wasn't it? Sounds like you were super busy. I hope you are resting right now! We are going to call you for a FHE/Park date soon.
John - I am wondering if you have any recommendations for my last 18 downloads from emusic this month? I don't want to think for myself anymore... I downloaded the Eels Hombre Lobo album because I am apparently a sucker for a themed concept album that could be in a Stephenie Meyers movie.
Brandi-
I am assuming there's no baby yet?
That, or we're not friends anymore.
Regarding your emusic woes, I recommend you use your remaining downloads on "hometown" by the rural Alberta advantage, and "vs children" by casiotone for the painfully alone. Two of my favorites.
Call us when munchkin two arrives. We'll mail you a dinner.
Pushing Daisies was one of my favorites shows.... too bad they canceled it.
Looks like life is well as always with you guys. We should do a girls night out soon. I haven't seen you in FOREVER! Maybe dinner and a movie. What do you say?
A belated thanks John for the recommendations - I have to confess I thought you were recommending the band "Casiotone" and making some kind of comment about me feeling painfully alone. I was glad to get that all cleared up today, and use up the rest of my downloads at once.
Post a Comment