Friday, August 27, 2010
bad bad blogger...
Wow. I have so much catch up to do! I can't believe that the last time I blogged was my birthday party. In fact I am so behind that I still have the stacks of thank you card from my party still on my counter. Sheesh. Well, summer was lovely and perfect and fun. I have a whole slew of photos that will trickle onto this blog over the next little while. The end of summer dished out a lovely surprise... a job opportunity that just couldn't be better. I had toyed around with the idea of going back to work part time and so I had gotten all my paperwork together thinking that if the stars aligned perfectly then I just might do it. I only wanted to do part time at Knowlton, my kids own school (and John's alma mater), so I wasn't sure if it was really going to be a possibility this year. After a few ups and downs and at the very last minute (like a week before school started), the position of my dreams opened up! And lucky me, they hired me. I am teaching part time 4th grade with my super good friend Tatiana. It is a dreamy set up.
Our class is darling. And it is so fun to be back in the classroom. It's like a part of me has come back. Maybe that sounds crazy, but I just am loving being there and loving my job. It is so fun to be at Sophie's school too. I saw her during an assembly yesterday and her whole face just lit up. It is the best.
So, eventually I will catch up... with the laundry, the deep cleaning, the garage cleaning, my sleep, being a good friend, and blogging. I've just been busy snuggling and loving my own kids and relearning the 4th grade curriculum. Life is really good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I will never forget that hysterical phone conversation we had when the job popped up out of complete nowhere. You are such an amazing teacher, and the kids love you. I heart teaching with you!
All that other stuff can wait....you are spending your time doing all the good things!! You are a wonderful friend, and I'm so happy you are loving it. Everything has a way of working out, and you deserve this good stuff. Let's doma late night red mango run when the kids are in bed in the near future...
You are the most amazing gal I know! I can't believe you do it all. Your 4th graders better realize how lucky they are! Ash. I'm so proud of you. This is such a cool step in your life! You go girl!
If only you could be Emma's fourth grade teacher!! Good for you, I bet the kids love you. What a perfect opportunity!
you are a darling teacher and mother...hang in there!!!
Post a Comment