Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Unsatisfied Part II

There was a time in our blog life that we were unsatisfied. You may re read that entry here if you so desire. In case you don't feel like clicking on the link I shall recap. This is the story of the mouse that came to live in our house. It was traumatizing and it ended with perhaps one of the greatest mouse killing stories of all time. John and JD locked themselves in the playroom where the mouse had been living. We had quarantined the mouse out there once we figured out it was there, and locked all the doors in and out. We set traps, nothing. And then John and JD entered in during a lunch break one day with a broom and a toy vacuum. There were amazing girlish screams, jumping, flinging, and then finally death.  No joke I spent the next 2 hours putting the playroom back together, JD and John had done that much damage in their quest for killing the mouse. In the little mouse's defense we provided a proper burial and tribute. See here. Why revisit this lovely experience today?

Ruby has a house.

She loves this house. She bangs on the back door until she is let outside to freedom and runs into this house. It's hilarious. She LOVES it.

This house has friends.
Friends. Plural. They are putting our "little tiny mouse that lived in our house for a few days" to shame. We have killed a handful so far. Not enough for me and my Ruby who loves her house, rodent free.

The war is on.  I am unsatisfied.

21 comments:

Kerstin said...

oh ash i hate mice! i never thought i did until i came face to face with one. literally face to face. it was peering out at me through my gas stove burner. gross!

Liz said...

It's time to get a cat! :) Before they take over...

sterlingandbrandi said...

Before they take over or you get Hantavirus! Just kidding- that gorgeous Ruby won't catch the hantavirus, but my Dad has a serious mouse problem and I have nightmares of finding droppings in horrible places. A cat might not be a bad idea...

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Ewww! Just got the heebiegeebies.

Everyday Sparkles said...

Oh no. That is not good. I'll send the boys over with their guns.

Anonymous said...

sick sick sick but what can you do the house is outside!

Jenny H said...

Is it just me, or does that mouse look like a giant rat?
Nasty.
I'm sorry cute little Ruby.
Beware - maybe they are seeking revenge for all the killings.
Bonus for us: That original mouse story made me laugh out loud for a long time...here's to hoping there's a second round.

auntie libby said...

maybe your neighbor could get the cat!

Lauren Parker said...

Ewwwww I do not like this one bit! What's with the miceyys?! Poor ruby- I wonder if she talks to them like cinderella and really they are just her friends! Maybe- probaly not.

Tatiana said...

He does look both rat-ish and mouse-ish. Cute, but in a disgusting sort of way. Let the wild mouse hunt begin!

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

It is vermin season, as our Raccoons have returned as well.
Let the wars begin

Christine Fotheringham said...

At least it's kind of a cute mouse. I think of them as much more black and hairy . . . gross! All the same, that stinks . . . don't get a cat!
P.S. I've been hearing great things about John's dad! So cool about the Supreme Court thing.

Becky said...

Ashely...I swear you guys have the FUNNIEST stories! John getting shot in the backside, two grown men raging war with a mouse armed with a toy vacuum...HILARIOUS! And good luck with your problem! Is that a mouse or a rat? Yuck to both!

john said...

rat for sure. look at that tail. it's gotta be a rat. But is that the cutest rat ever?
really, that's a very handsome rat.

Kysha said...

Yes, you will be unsatisfied until that thing is gone! Yuck! I have confidence that the Connors will win this one.

A famous family story: My mom found my sister and friend, then four, playing outside lovingly petting a dead mouse they found and saying, "It's so cute and so soft!"

Adrianne said...

oh gross. agree that you should make your neighbors with the coop get the cat. Maybe if you lovingly return the dead mice/rats to their front porch they will better understand your unsatisfactions!!

E.F.G. said...

exactly how many is a handful of mice?

ugh! the presence of mice is so traumatizing. although, darling ruby does not look traumatized. while i'm happy to hear that mice are not just an issue in the city, i was hoping with a move we'd be mouse free.

E.F.G. said...

and good luck getting them!

Courtney said...

Maybe we should call our cute miss Ruby Cinderella. And if you think of those mice as Jack jack and Gus gus....I guess it is not that bad! ( I am still kind of grossed out though!)

Mushie said...

Ok that is just plain creepy...my mom tells the story about the mice infected house we lived in when I was a baby and how she caught a mouse running across my crib one day while I was sleeping! That did it she packed up her two kids and sat on the front porch, and when my Dad came home she refused to go back in until he could fix the problem!!

I'm still not a mice or rat fan! I'll bring the cat...

RETTJ16 said...

Wanna borrow Annie? She loves to eat them!! So gross!!