Friday, October 16, 2009

don't mess with the pig

John is down and out. Since Saturday.... it's swine flu. He waited too long (mostly because I kept telling him he didn't have the swine flu) to go to the doctor and get on the beloved Tamiflu. Soph and Ruby also have it. Sophie is recovering nicely. She had one really rough night of throwing up, but since then has been pretty good. Ruby is probably the most happy child in the world. Even running a 103 temperature last night she was smiling and laughing. She melts my heart! All of us but John have some good Tamiflu in our systems. Parker and I have stayed healthy and are praying it stays that way. It's been a really long week, but we have made it so far and I'm sure we will pull out of this just fine. John just headed back to the doctor today because he is not really getting better and it feels like it has gone to his chest. We will see what they say.

In the mean time you will find us coping/not coping in these ways:

John: laying in bed, laying on the couch, laying his head on the kitchen table, showering 3-4 times a day, watching all the movies we have missed.

Me: eating (i ate a lot of cheesecake at the beginning of the week... it may or may not have been an entire half of a cheesecake), drinking diet coke and cleaning every door knob, counter, and surface.. also doing a lot of laundry.

Sophie: a lot of Disney Channel, a lot of coloring, a lot of lounging.

Parker: He may not be coping. He isn't sick and is tired of everyone laying around. This was a conversation we had as we went to pick up his prescription.

P: Mom, when did Sophie get sick?
M: Last night bud.
P: It's boring. It's boring when Sophie is sick.
M: I know. I'm sorry.
P: Can I hold my "per..scripture" when we get it?
M: Sure dude.

Ruby: sleeping, smiling, showing signs of mild discomfort. She might be the golden child. It is sad though, because even though she isn't super grumpy her little eyes look sick. They are usually so sparkly and happy, and they are just look sad right now. Breaks my heart.

Hoping the rest of you are well, and if not.... good luck, and I'm sorry. Drink lots of fluid.

side note: I was Ms. Piggy in first grade for Halloween. And Jon Cracroft was Kermit the Frog. What exactly were our mother's thinking? I should find a picture of that costume, it was amazing, despite the limited view I had out of the enormous head piece. I love Ms. Piggy.

17 comments:

Summer said...

ugh! Hope everyone feels better soon...

side note: I adore Miss Piggy too-find that pic cuz I'd love to see!

Tatiana said...

So lonely in the neighborhood with everyone down and out. I feel so bad for John. Hope the doc can help him out. Chicken soup for Monday is on my list. Squeeze Ruby for me.

Crazy Lifferths said...

Yikes! That sounds like NO FUN AT ALL! I hope you and Parker stay healthy. Sorry that everyone else has it!

Adrianne said...

haha! Love the Ms. Piggie reference. I thought you were refering to yourself as the Pig- just because you in that amazing costume is a image I will never forget.

Anyhoooo- sorry about the flu. It really bites. Hope to see you guys again one day when you are finally on the up and up again.

Loves!

Treidi said...

I find it Alanis Morissette ironic that your prior post is entitled "some days are just good days". If I ever write a "life is good" style post I will be sure to knock on something wooden. Hang in there!

Wade said...

Ash- what a bummer. hope you and Parker stay healthy. Would you recommend getting the swine flu vaccination after all of this?

sarahbellac said...

Get well soon! I'm so sorry you're all sick. I'm so glad that you've been spared, though. We're sending our thoughts and prayers your way. Love you. Call anytime. And you're right - drink lots of fluids! :)

Lauren Parker said...

im glad i could join the fam in the swine flu pack. it absolutely suckssss. keep up the good work though. loved seeing your kiddies today!

Liz said...

YUCK! I'm glad you & parker didn't get it. SO SAD for every the other three...good luck!

Nickposh said...

You as Miss Piggy is one of my favorite Halloween memories from growing up... I think I was a gypsy that year (with a broken arm). Anyhow, wish I was around to help you out... make food, do laundry, bring you diet coke... but since I live in Canada- you are in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there... and stay healthy. Love and miss you all!

Everyday Sparkles said...

Love your title. It made me laugh which then made me feel bad given how sick your troops have been. I will be sending well wishes and treats your way. And I may disinfect the air in between our homes. Just kidding. Get better soon!

Anonymous said...

i am sooooooo sorry!!!! poor john! i really hope you dont get sick! give everyone hugs we love you all!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Ew sorry you guys are all sickies! The piggy is sure going around - everyone seems to have it!

Liz said...

Oh Ash I'm so sorry! That is lousy! I hope everyone gets better quickly and that no one else gets sick. I'm not sure what I could do from so far away, but if there is anything let me know!

Kysha said...

Hope you're feeling better now John! Yuck!

Christine Fotheringham said...

First - love the cheesecake confession. Cheesecake and diet coke can only help a bad week.
Second - how did you get a child like Ruby? She sounds like an angel. I want one of those.
Wish I saw you more! Sure love your cute blog though.

Heidi Louise said...

I just laughed so hard, not at the fact your little family had H1N1, but at the picture at the top of this post and the title. Just affirms why I think you are one of the funniest people I know.

Glad your little familia is back on the mend.