Monday, August 11, 2008

USA


Best swimming race of all time. Congrats USA men's 4x100 swimming relay team. You had us screaming at the top of our lungs and jumping up and down in our living room in the middle of the night. If you missed this, find a way to watch it.
Further congrats to Jake and Sean for a really great beach volleyball win, which, thanks to the relentless rain, could probably have been considered a pool event as well.

6 comments:

E.F.G. said...

i was happy too. i love summer olympics (stay tuned for a post)...but seriously, i don't want to come that close to seeing michael phelp's manhood again. ever. if all his body hair wasn't shaved off, we'd of had a preview.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Unbelievable. Who knew swimming could be that exciting? That was almost on the level of Beck to Harline.

Ok, so maybe not that awesome, but still awesome.

Eric said...

I am loving the olylmpics too! That race was AWESOME!!! We kept rewinding our DVR and watching over and over. I love Phelps face when he looked up at the score board to make sure they won!

john said...

erica, that near nudity is exactly what ashley likes so much about the sport, i think.

hendu, who knew? ashley, apparently, but not me. it was equal to beck to harline for me, but I experienced beck to harline only via the ksl 1160 radio call, so apples to oranges really.

amy, phelps face as he look at the board was classic.

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Just watched Phelps pick up his third gold. Not even fair. Dude is just a freakin' beast.

Katie Riggs Hansen said...

I too was screaming in my living room and then when the race finished I cam to the realization that it was on my TIVO so it didn't matter how worked up I got, the race had ended over 24 hrs earlier. So what did I do? I watched it again. Then I made Elliott watch it and then my brother and every time I screamed like it was the first. Now THAT is a good race.