Monday, November 29, 2010

M.I.A.


I am feeling a bit sad that I haven't been keeping up on here. 
Mostly for selfish reasons. Like, I want to look back and make sure that I got the important stuff.
Like my sweet Nana passing away.
And our trip to the Pumpkin Patch for the perfect pumpkins.
And the many outfits and accessories that Ruby wears each day.
Or the concerts we attended. The friends we laughed with.
A perfect Thanksgiving, shared with family.
Or the cute big words that Parker says each day, like hysterical.
Oh, and  Halloween. It was so fun.

So yah.  I need to be better. 
Mostly, because a funny thing happens when I start writing about my life and kids.
I am more aware of my many blessings.
And less concerned about my so called needs.

Perhaps, that will be my goal for this Holiday Season. To really, truly be more 
grateful.

5 comments:

Tatiana said...

That was a really sweet message.
I feel the exact same way.
(No surprise there.)

I am super happy that I get to be so close to all the action at your place. It makes us all really happy around here.

Cassandra Potter Kemp said...

Please do. It's hard for Jeremy & I to stalk you guys if there is no material. Hope to see you guys around christmas!

Jenny H said...

Yes, return to action. I miss reading your thoughts and seeing your kids. It seems as if I always see you guys after bedtime, and I miss them.
Let's grab A and see a movie this month asap. I'm sure there is something out with a good looking young man;)

lbb said...

oh geez thanks for making my night, ash!
you are amazing.
i feel ya on the blog thing.
i'm in "so thick" that now i can't give up, darnit.
it DOES help ya see things in a smaller way....taking note of the specifics, which is nice.
but sometimes it's just nice to LIVE, ya know?
and not think about it?!
i love you. you are just.so.cool.
i wish i could have eaten at costa tonight, over 4th day leftovers!
ha!
love you parks.

sterlingandbrandi said...

aaaannnnddd, some of us don't see you much and need updates.... I feel sadly left out of your life :( Maybe it serves me right for moving, and I also am slowing down on blog posts.