Monday, October 11, 2010

dear blog.

Dear Blog,

Hi.

I haven't forgotten you. Okay, maybe I have a little. I'm just busy trying to juggle the things I put in my life.  Truthfully though, I think you are important. So I hope that you'll take me back.  I actually write down cute things about my kids and my life on here that I don't want to forget. And, you connect me with people that I like a lot. It's good to be connected. It's good to have people that you like a lot.

Ruby is growing up at the speed of light. She yells funny things, makes people at Target hate me, and seems to think she is hilarious (Like father, like daughter). Parker is pleasant, happy and entertained by stuffed animal friendships. He is also really kind. His new preschool friend exclaimed to his mother, "Why is Parker just so nice?" Ruby would beg to differ though. Sophie is a big first grader, conquering jumprope and the monkey bars. She reads to me at night and we play math addition games. Her big brown eyes still melt me.

John and I may be a perfect mess of chaos right now. Perhaps we are guilty of "biting off more than we can chew." But alas, I think John has balanced it perfectly. He is well loved, but mostly by me.

So, I should write more often. And I hope I will.

Love,  Me

7 comments:

Tatiana said...

That is totally cute, Ash.

Jenny H said...

I just ordered my first blog book from the first year I started doing this. It was so fun to see all that I had actually documented in regards to my kids and their cute little lives. I felt as if I had at least done something right:)
But...that being said, I do know priorities defenitly do not and should lie within the online world - and you are one of the best people I know to look to when it comes to defining what is important, and what can go...

Keep up the awesome blogging when you can. I miss it when you don't pop up in google reader!

Jenny H said...

K, I can't spell or type.
I meant "definetly" and "should not".
I suck at editing.

coriconnors said...

Ashy-
Yay for words! You are so good at them, and you are right, this is as close to a journal as we are likely to get. So keep posting!
I was actually thinking of sending out a blog challenge...something like "Hey everyone. Saturday October 17 is officially Love Your Blog day - everyone write something and let's reconnect!" Think it would work? Hmmmm.
Love you so much!

sterlingandbrandi said...

I sympathize, and I'm glad for whatever contact we get:). And I only have 2 kids and no job. And I complain A LOT. So good for you.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm pretty sure you guys are superhero big bite takers. But you can chew a whole lot! I have no doubt you guys will be able to handle it with style. Your little crazy family makes me smile. We miss you. Have you done pumpkins yet? Jordon and I were thinking it would be fun if we took the kids one night and painted pumpkins with them. Maybe you and Johnny could go on a date or something.

Everyday Sparkles said...

Thank you so much for helping us celebrate Shane's birthday with your yummy cookies. I really need that recipe.

p.s. Love to read your blog.

p.s.s. The boys loved having their late night cookies too.