Monday, September 13, 2010

lunch date

Today for lunch Parker and I ate turkey sandwiches and strawberries. He got a book order form from preschool and we poured over the pages together. It was a heavenly thirty minutes circling each book that looked really fun to read. He said, "Mom, this is really fun, just you and me."

It really was.

It seems like our lives have filled up so quickly lately. Soccer, soccer practices, guitar, dance, work, house work, young womens, etc. that it is always in my nature to rush along to the next thing. There was no rushing today. After lunch we snuggled on the couch and watched an episode of "Word World" together.

It was good to slow down for a minute. And it was heavenly to spend it with my Parks. Love him.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love those moments. Thanks for the reminder to take advantage of them. Hope you are doing well. Love you!

sterlingandbrandi said...

I always wish that Finn could be my first baby too and get all the one on one time I gave Lily. Clearly, not gonna happen, but I do savor one on one time with each of them.

Jenny H said...

My most favorite part about working is the fact that I relish "these" kind of moments more. Those times are so precious to me, and I try really hard to recognize them in their own moment.
Not saying that I wouldn't do that if I was home all the time...I know many people do...I am just saying I think I feel their significance a bit more when I am not around all the time.